3 Important People You Need As An Independent Artist

Forum 2 years ago

3 Important People You Need As An Independent Artist

Like always, we are back with free tips for up-and-coming artists. Our editorial team compiles three must-have personals for every independent artist.

The Industry is getting stiffer by the day and a whole lot of things have changed. Just like in starting a business, you need a team to excel as an independent artist. These guys are people who will do your dirty works, enlarge your coast and ensure your rights are protected even as you climb the ladder to fame.

As an independent artist, you might not have the necessary resources to hire all the members you need in your team from a lawyer, to a manager, PR agent, booking agent, A/R, personal manager, and the likes which is why this article is important. We are about to cut down your team and provide you with the most important ones needed to launch a successful career as an indie act.

ALSO READ: Top 5 Tips To Get Your Song On Editorial Playlists

Below are three important people you need as an up-and-coming artist.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/26fa751835a11197be51f6704c7c52f6.png

1. Legal Adviser

Like we have seen in the past, so many things could go wrong if you do not have an entertainment lawyer, representative, or adviser. He or she could be someone you bankroll or a friend who's helping you protect your interests at all times. A Legal adviser or entertainment lawyer is vital. Just before signing that distribution, publishing, management, record label, or even endorsement deal, you need to be sure nothing there will come back to harm you. If you find yourself a legal adviser who can do a bit of any other thing, that will be a plus for you.

2. Artist Manager

An artist manager is another important person you need in your team. In fact, he is your CEO if I'm to say. He coordinates every step of your career and runs the business part of your brand from branding, collaborations, promotions, etc. An artist manager is the one who ensures you make progress as a brand. He or she determines what needs to be done and when. He oversees the activities of every other person you're working with. As an independent artist who lacks what it takes to hire a full team, ensure that your artist manager can do essentially everything a manager should do. From booking studio sessions, developing roll-out strategies, PR, marketing, collaborations, etc.

3. PR Agent

The third person you need in your team is a promoter. A PR agent is like a salesperson or a marketer. He or she is the one in charge of blowing your trumpets and making sure your music gets to the right audience.

PLEASE NOTE: While these three are important if you get yourself two people who can handle these three roles and even more, it's best. Do not say unless it is three because you might not have the resources to pay them. Even if they are to do it for free, please always appreciate them.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

Haters Are Losers And Can Never Do Better Than The People They Hate - Yul Edochie

Gospel Singer, Moses Bliss Gift Artist New Cars
Forum | 3 days ago

Gospel Singer, Moses Bliss Gift Artist New Cars

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 1 week ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says
Forum | 1 week ago

When Naira Went Haywire And Some People Were Celebrating, Inwardly We Were Laughing At Them - Shettima Says