Top 5 Tips To Get Your Song On Editorial Playlists

Forum 3 years ago

Top 5 Tips To Get Your Song On Editorial Playlists

Streaming service platforms are shaping the music industry. Aside from social media, the quickest way to get discovered in a way that could change your career for good is on playlists.

Make no mistake about it, individual or independent playlists play a huge impact as well but due to the limitation of their reach, they can't be compared to editorial playlists.

Some editorial playlists have over a million followers which puts you in front of over a million people. This is simply placing you on top of the market where everyone could take a look at what you're selling.

ALSO READ>> What Does Having Spotify In Nigeria Mean?

I tell most artists I meet that their career actually gets serious the day the get their first editorial playlist. Just like we know, making your first million is harder than getting the second. So once you can crack it and get into an editorial playlist, it won't be difficult to get your second and it will only be up from their. This is also applicable to getting your first job, etc.

Here are 5 basic tips that could land you your first editorial playlist. [Using Spotify as a case study]

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2a589ecba1e06d11ea43529d9eb7b6f0.png

1. Optimize your socal media presence

Your social media accounts tells a lot about you. It's one of those parameters used to judge an artist's growth and how serious they is taking their career. Mind you, optimizing your socials isn't about buying fake followers nor does it interprete to the number of followers you have. You only need quality HD pictures and videos to stay keep your branding intact.

2. Complete you about section

Upload a high-resolution photo for your profile and cover. You can only be taken serious by spotify editorial curators when they see how serious you take their platform. Setting up your about me and your entire profile do not only attract listeners to your profile, it also gives you an advantage in getting playlisted.

ALSO READ>> How Mavin Records Discovers New Talents [A MUST READ]

3. Keep your song professional

Before trying to get into an editroial playlist, you need to understand the relationship your song has with the already existing playlists. Which playlist do you think your song deserves and how are you making you sure the producton and most especially the mixing and mastering is up to standard. Secondly, while making your song so long or taking up almost a minute before the full melody of the song comes to play, know that these curators go thorugh thousands of materials on a daily and might not be patient enough to wait for the melody of your song to come in play. Don't give us a 30 seconds intro. Start your song as quick as possible.

4. Get your fans to pre-save or pre-order

Getting your first editorial playlist is not rocket science. It doesn't just happen. Now this is how pre-saves work. It's a simple analogy that believes songs getting a whole lot of pre-saves and pre-orders means there are so many people who will love to hear the song which gives these curators the confidence to try to expose such songs to a larger audience by curating it.

5. Pitch to blogs and independent playlist

We all know why established acts do not struggle to get playlisted. It's simple, they have the buzz. We are all naturally drawn to what's popping which is why an up-coming artist will only get appreciated when their freestyles makes it to the pages of popular social media influencers or they get signed to a major label. So getting your songs on blogs helps you a whole lot. It gives these editorial curators an understanding of how big you're growing to be same as getting your songs on individual playlists.

The other key step will be to submit your song via spotify for artists. Here you need to have your song submited a week or two before it's official release so as to allow these editorial curator go through your materials.

What do you think? Please drop comments below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi
Forum | 15 hours ago

Brymo Queries Tiwa Savage About Lyrics Of Her Song With Simi

How I Was Duped $70K For A Song Remix – Kcee
Forum | 2 weeks ago

How I Was Duped $70K For A Song Remix – Kcee

Billie Eilish’s Barbie Song ‘What Was I Made For?’ Boomed in Sales After Oscars Win
Forum | 1 month ago

Billie Eilish’s Barbie Song ‘What Was I Made For?’ Boomed in Sales After Oscars Win

I Blocked Dammy Krane After He Asked Me to Do Cover for His Song – Dandizzy
Forum | 1 month ago

I Blocked Dammy Krane After He Asked Me to Do Cover for His Song – Dandizzy