Omah Lay VS Rema, Whose Album Are You Expecting The Most?

Forum 3 years ago

Omah Lay VS Rema, Whose Album Are You Expecting The Most?

The Nigerian music industry is about to receive debut albums from the newest kids in the game, Rema and Omah Lay. The two talented songwriters and musicians has so far given us extended plays without a debut album.

The Nigerian music industry might not get as much songs as it got last year. It'll be less flooded with music all because many artistes released an album last year and thus might not be releasing projects this year. Musicians like WizkidBurna BoyOlamideFireboy DMLTeknoAdekunle GoldTiwa SavageTimayaYemi AladeFlavour, DJ Spinall, DJ Cuppy, and others dropped their albums last year.

Though we don't expect to have so much album this year, a few artistes will still be dropping a project this year. Rema and Omah Lay are one those artistes expected to dish out a project in 2021.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/485e6992b4354a4a4cc787019ef69ee0.jpg

In 2019, Mavin records introduced a new talent to Nigerians. Benin-born Nigerian rapper, singer and songwriter, Divine Ikubor was discovered by DonJazzy's brother D'Prince and signed to Mavin records first imprint, Jonzing World.

Rema joined Mavin records following the departure of Reekado Banks in 2018. According to D'prince, Rema is a craftman. He descirbed his songs as materials meant for the whole world. On joining Mavin records, Rema has been referred as the future of Afrobeats.

The singer released hit tracks like Dumebi , Iron Man, Bad Commando, Why, etc and three projects Rema Freestyle, Bad Commando and Rema Remix in 2019. He became the first Nigerian artist to release three projects in one year.

Mavin records act, Divine Ikubor alias Rema took to his Twitter handle on January 4, 2021, to hint at a possible release of an album this year. The singer and rapper who dished out three extended plays in 2019 is getting ready for his debut album in 2021.

ALSO READ: Five Nigerian Artistes That Would Be Dropping An Album In 2021

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ae8d3da943928f326705a0ef4ae5a7e6.jpg

Barely twelve moths in the game and Omah Lay has given us two explosive extended plays ; Get Layd and What Have We Done. The Key Qaad singer and music producer stole the show in 2020. He racked up over a hundred million streams across all platforms with his debut project before featuring American singer, rapper and songwriter, 6lack in Damn Remix off his What Have We Done EP.

Omah Stanley Dibia aka Omah Lay in his recent chat with Max FM revealed his debut album will be released in 2021. When asked what his plans were for 2021, Omah Lay said he'll definitely be dropping an album this year.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4c9ea90edd270efa1bb52b56bac5cb31.png

Now straight to the question of the day, whose album are you expecting the most between Omah Lay and Rema?

Let's have your reactions below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records
Forum | 6 days ago

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 6 days ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz

Remarry After Mohbad
Forum | 1 week ago

Remarry After Mohbad's One-Year Remembrance. Ignore Those Asking for DNA — Isaac Fayose Tells Wunmi

Fans Welcome Rema Like a King As He Visits Hometown For The First Time in 6 Years
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Fans Welcome Rema Like a King As He Visits Hometown For The First Time in 6 Years