"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

Succession’s Jeremy Strong Eyed for Role in Bruce Springsteen Biopic

Forum 1 week ago

Succession’s Jeremy Strong Eyed for Role in Bruce Springsteen Biopic

Succession’s Jeremy Strong is in talks to join Jeremy Allen White in the upcoming Bruce Springsteen biopic Deliver Me From Nowhere.

Per Variety, Strong is being eyed to play Bruce Springsteen’s longtime manager Jon Landau in 20th Century Studios’ Deliver Me From Nowhere.

It was previously announced that White, best known for playing Carmy Berzatto in FX’s The Bear, will be playing Springsteen.

Strong is best known for playing Kendall, the Roy family’s second-eldest boy, in HBO’s hit series Succession. He’s also starred in movies such as 2012’s Lincoln, 2017’s Molly’s Game, 2019’s The Gentlemen, 2020’s The Trial of the Chicago 7, and 2022’s Armageddon Time.

Deliver Me From Nowhere is being written and directed by Scott Cooper. Cooper previously made 2009’s Crazy Heart, 2013’s Out of the Furnace, 2015’s Black Mass, 2017’s Hostiles, 2021’s Antlers, and, most recently, 2022’s The Pale Blue Eye.

What is Deliver Me From Nowhere about?

The film is based on a Warren Zane novel published in 2023 and tells the story of how Springsteen made his 1982 album Nebraska.

“Nebraska is rough and unfinished, recorded on cassette tape with a simple four-track recorder by Springsteen, alone in his bedroom, just as the digital future was announcing itself. And yet Springsteen now considers it his best album,” the description of the book reads. “Nebraska expressed a turmoil that was reflective of the mood of the country, but it was also a symptom of trouble in the artist’s life, the beginnings of a mental breakdown that Springsteen would only talk about openly decades after the album’s release.”

Further casting for Deliver Me From Nowhere has not yet been announced. The movie is expected to start shooting this fall.

20th Century Studios has not yet given Deliver Me From Nowhere a release date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dune: Prophecy Cast Adds Jessica Barden & Succession Actress
Forum | 5 days ago

Dune: Prophecy Cast Adds Jessica Barden & Succession Actress

Gerard Butler Eyed for Den of Thieves Director’s New Action Movie Empire State
Forum | 6 days ago

Gerard Butler Eyed for Den of Thieves Director’s New Action Movie Empire State

Dune: Prophecy Cast Adds Indian Actress Tabu, Role Detailed
Forum | 6 days ago

Dune: Prophecy Cast Adds Indian Actress Tabu, Role Detailed