"Allow ads" and Popups to avoid redirection of your browsers.

The Office: New Mockumentary Series Ordered at Peacock

Forum 1 week ago

The Office: New Mockumentary Series Ordered at Peacock

Peacock has officially granted a series order to Greg Daniels’ newest mockumentary comedy, which will take place in the same universe as the iconic Steve Carell-led The Office series. Project is expected to begin this July.

The untitled project will be bring back the documentary crew that immortalized Dunder Mifflin’s Scranton branch, who finally found their subject. “It will center around the quirky employees of a dying newspaper in the Midwestern United States,” reads the logline. “The publisher’s only shot at reviving the historic rag is by recruiting volunteer reporters.”

Who’s involved in the untitled The Office spin-off?

The untitled The Office spin-off will be led by Domhnall Gleeson (About Time, Ex-Machina) and Sabrina Impacciatore (The White Lotus), whose character’s details remained undisclosed. It is created and executive produced by Daniels and Michael Koman. It will also be executive produced by original The Office creators Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, along with Howard Klein, Ben Silverman and Banijay Americas. It is a production by Universal Television.

“It’s been more than ten years since the final episode of The Office aired on NBC, and the acclaimed comedy series continues to gain popularity and build new generations of fans on Peacock,”

NBCUniversal Entertainment president Lisa Katz said in a statement. “In partnership with Universal Television and led by the creative team of Greg Daniels and Michael Koman, this new series set in the universe of Dunder Mifflin introduces a new cast of characters in a fresh setting ripe for comedic storytelling: a daily newspaper.”

NBC’s The Office was based on Ricky Gervais’ and Stephen Merchant’s original UK series of the same name. The Emmy-winning mockumentary sitcom lasted for nine seasons from 2005-2013. It starred Steve Carell, John Krasinski, Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer as Pam Beesly, Ed Helms, B.J. Novak, Mindy Kaling, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nuñez, Brian Baumgartner, Leslie David Baker, Phyllis Smith, Ellie Kemper, Amy Ryan and more.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
New I Know What You Did Last Summer Movie Gets Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

New I Know What You Did Last Summer Movie Gets Release Date

Newgate College of Health Admission, 2024/2025 session
Forum | 2 days ago

Newgate College of Health Admission, 2024/2025 session

The Robots Go Crazy: Radio Silence’s New Movie Starring Andy Samberg Acquired by Amazon
Forum | 2 days ago

The Robots Go Crazy: Radio Silence’s New Movie Starring Andy Samberg Acquired by Amazon

Rainn Wilson on The Office Spin-off: ‘I’m Sad They’re Leaving Scranton’
Forum | 2 days ago

Rainn Wilson on The Office Spin-off: ‘I’m Sad They’re Leaving Scranton’