Joseph Benjamin Berates Eniola Ajao For ‘Using Bobrisky To Promote Ajakaju In Cinema’

Forum 3 weeks ago

Joseph Benjamin Berates Eniola Ajao For ‘Using Bobrisky To Promote Ajakaju In Cinema’

Nigerian actor Joseph Benjamin has voiced his criticism of his colleague Eniola Ajao for reportedly using Bobrisky, the crossdresser, to promote her latest film 'Ajakaju'.

In March, the premiere of ‘Ajakaju’ was overshadowed by controversy after Bobrisky was crowned “best dressed female” at the ceremony.

The outrage extended to celebrities who traded barbs on social media regarding the crossdresser’s win.

Ajao later apologised for the controversy, stating that Bobrisky’s award was intended as a “publicity stunt”.

She also announced new winners for the category.

However, Bobrisky was recently spotted at a cinema in Ikeja promoting ‘Ajakaju’.

Reacting to the video on Tuesday, Benjamin took to X to call out Ajao for allegedly using the crossdresser for the movie promotion.

He also slammed the filmmaker for allegedly being deceptive about her motives, despite claiming the award was a publicity stunt.

“I thought Eniola was crying, saying the award was a publicity stunt to market the movie,” he wrote.

“Now Bobrisky is doing a meet and greet? For the same movie. Who is fooling who please. Smh.”

Benjamin made screen debut in the 1995 movie ‘Crossroads’.

He has starred in several Nollywood productions including ‘Kiss and Tell’, ‘Tango With Me’ and ‘Murder at Prime Suites’.

He has also received several recognitions for his craft.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala
Forum | 3 days ago

Yahaya Bello Given Privileges Bobrisky Was Denied – Bwala

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Sydney Sweeney & Glen Powell ‘Leaned Into’ Affair Rumors To Promote Movie

Joseph Quinn: Gladiator 2 Filming Was ‘A Little Scary’
Forum | 5 days ago

Joseph Quinn: Gladiator 2 Filming Was ‘A Little Scary’