I’ve no regret not supporting Jandor for Lagos gov election — Bode George

Forum 1 year ago

I’ve no regret not supporting Jandor for Lagos gov election — Bode George

A former Deputy National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Bode George, said he has no regret not supporting the candidate of his party, Olajide Adediran popularly known as Jandor in the March 18 governorship election in Lagos state.

George disclosed this in an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today on Monday.

He said he followed the decision of a group he belongs to which was to support the best among all the candidates irrespective of political affiliation.

The PDP chieftain said he followed the decision of a group he belongs to which was to support the best among all the candidates irrespective of political affiliation.

He said, “If you say that I supported somebody from another party, it is not me as PDP. There is a group called Omo Eko Pataki and as a bonafide Lagosian we sat down, we took each of those candidates from (Governor Babajide) Sanwo-Olu to Jandor and others and we weighed them.

“And there was a new movement going on in the country and we said look, who has the capacity? Who has the educational background? Who has the moral background to handle my state? As a PDP, the fellow who got the ticket was on another planet.”

George said, “No regrets whatsoever (not supporting Jandor). And let me tell you something, I said it publicly to our presidential candidate that if they do not honour the South-West, I won’t vote for Atiku, I did not hide it.”

Recall that George had backed Labour Party’s Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour for the Lagos governorship election. But, Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the All Progressives Congress (APC) eventually won the election.

The PDP chieftain said the party must come together and resolve differences within it, adding that it must probe what made the G5 governors and other elders in the party to withdraw their support for the party.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)
Forum | 3 days ago

No Regret Invading Oyo Govt House - Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators Say (Photo)

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video
Forum | 3 days ago

Lagos Govt Seek Help In Identifying Woman Assaulting Baby In Viral Video

Gunmen Storm Lagos Community, Burn One-Year-Old Baby, 15 Houses Beyond Recognition
Forum | 3 days ago

Gunmen Storm Lagos Community, Burn One-Year-Old Baby, 15 Houses Beyond Recognition

Lady Recounts How Lagos Motorist Bashed Her Car And Still Tried to Woo Her
Forum | 5 days ago

Lady Recounts How Lagos Motorist Bashed Her Car And Still Tried to Woo Her