Nigerians Praise Kunle Afolayan Over His Latest Move, ‘Anikulapo’

Forum 1 year ago

Nigerians Praise Kunle Afolayan Over His Latest Move, ‘Anikulapo’

Popular filmmaker, Kunle Afolayan has been praised for his latest movie ‘Anikulapo’.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2572c4cafc9eef40270c24a3d1d6c35a.jpg

The movie explored the ancient Oyo kingdom and was acted in Yoruba language.

It features A-list actors and actresses such as Kunle Remi, Yinka Quadri, Bimbo Ademoye, Sola Sobowale, and a host of many others.

The story of death, resurrection and the greedy desires of men, premiered in the cinemas and on Netflix on September 30, 2022.

Since its release, fans have taken to Twitter to celebrate the filmmaker and appreciate the movie.

Lagos lawmaker, Akin Alabi, who asked for the continuity of the movie, tweeted, “So many angles for Kunle Afolayan to explore if he wants to turn Anikulapo into a series.

“Why did Saro leave Gbongan? Maybe he did bad things there. Did Arolake go back to Oyo? Is Saro still alive? So many angles. Series please.”

Another tweep, @OlisaOsega, said, “Omo! Kunle Afolayan is a legend bruh. This Anikulapo movie is too dope abeg. From the casting to the acting to the costumes to the location used, everything is 10/10.

“The attention to details is probably the best I’ve seen in any Nollywood movie. Kunle is too good, no cap.”

Radio presenter, Osi Suave, said, “One thing the Anikulapo movie showed is the unending hospitality of the Yoruba people.

“Ever willing to take any and everyone in with open arms and even give them a means of fending for themselves.”

Afolayan, who acknowledged the praises for the movie, also revealed that the Nigeria Oscar Selection Committee rejected ‘Anikulapo’.

He tweeted, “I am so pleased and delighted that the whole world have decided to tagged ANIKULAPO film ‘a masterpiece’ even though the Nigeria Oscar selection committee think it’s not worth submitting for the Oscars. I will keep doing my own thing.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna
Forum | 7 hours ago

Give Her A Break, Did She Choose To Be Born Into A Razz Environment Or Family? - Etinosa Fires Back At Nigerians Attacking Phyna

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance
Forum | 8 hours ago

Shehu Sani Tells FG to Pull Down Chinese Supermarket Denying Nigerians Entrance

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand
Forum | 1 day ago

BBNaija Star, Phyna Accuses Nigerians Of Double Standard, Seeks Support For Her Demand

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music