ALBUM REVIEW: Basketmouth - "Horoscopes"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Basketmouth - "Horoscopes"

Nigeria’s veteran comedian and actor, BasketMouth premiers his sophomore album tagged "Horoscopes".

BasketMouth has previously released singles like “Dia Father” featuring Sound Sultan and “Where You Dey'' featuring Wizkid and Eldee. The Nigerian comic actor has always had a strong flair for music and his A/R job on his debut project “Yabasi” is the evidence.

After the success of the 10-tracks album exclusively produced by Duktor Sett, Basketmouth teams up with Duktor Sett again for a new album tagged "Horoscopes". "Horoscopes" is a 9-tracks album from Basketmouth featuring Johnny Drille, Simi, Wande Coal, Peruzzi, Oxlade, Efya, 2Baba, The Cavemen, Blaqbonez, Falz, The Cavemen, Flavour, Reekado Banks, Kwabena Kwabena, M.I Abaga, Buju, Magnito, Illbliss & Dremo.

Here is our candid review of the new album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/601f6c444de7da49abc61734d019fb1a.png

“So 'Love and Life' is a song about a guy married to his beautiful wife who, unfortunately, is still in love with her ex-boyfriend that's in jail serving life. It features Simi, Johnny Drille, and M.I Abaga.

This is one of the singles on this project. Buju and 'Duktor Sett linked up with Basketmouth to create magic. You’ll be amazed at how Buju was able to surpass that beat. It's a beautiful tune.

Wande Coal and BassketMouth teamed up to create something extremely beautiful with slow-paced tune produced by Duktor Sett.

Here is one of my favourite tunes on this project. Peruzzi indeed showed how super talented he is in making great music. The melody is addictive. Be careful!

Oxlade and Efya laid adorable vocals on this record. This is one record you'll probably connect with easily if you came from the part of life Oxlade probably came out from.

Having Blaqbonez and 2Baba on the same song could be weird but this record isn't. This song once more showed how great Basketmouth is in connecting two talents together. It is powerful tune.

This is one of my favourite tunes on this project. It is a highlife infused R&B melody produced by Duktor Sett. It has vocals from The Cavemen and Kwabena Kwabena.

'Leave Me' is a love song. Reekado Banks and Falz did magic on this one.

Here is another powerful tune on this album. I'm excited about this song because of the instrumental. Also, with the song, they tried to make it a unity song that had Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa rappers. The song features The Cavemen, Flavour, Falz, Magnito, Ill Bliss, and Dremo.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.3/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial