EP REVIEW: Fave - Riddim 5

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Fave - Riddim 5

In January 2022, emPawa's recording artist, Fave dished out her new project tagged "Riddim 5".

Chidozie “Fave” God’sfavour who is best known as Fave started singing from age 6 but professionally from 19 with her first single, M.O.M.M.S.

During the lockdown in 2020, Fave went viral on social media after posting a freestyle of what then became her third single, N.B.U (Nobody But You).

Sometime last year, she linked up with legendary rapper and music executive Olamide on two songs on his ninth studio album, UY Scuti. After the collaboration, Fave has given us a couple of hit songs including Baby Riddim and Beautifully.

Here is a candid review of the 'Riddim EP' by Fave after listening to it over ten times.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/25c603ed1426acbd445f5a74e71395b2.jpg

• The first track Obsessed is a mid-tempo groovy tune. Fave attempts to sing about her obsession with her mysterious lover. It is a lovely record.

• The next track S.M.K produced by Niphkeys is another masterclass sound on this body of work. Fave's alluring vocals once again render soul-soothing melodies on this one.

• Kilotufe is my favorite song on this extended play. The wordings, melodies, and instrumental were all meant for each other, The synergy is magnificent. You can literally have a feel of Fave's emotions when recording this track.

• Mr Man is another powerful tune on this project. Though was first released as a freestyle on her socials, the potential of this song is yet to manifest. It could go on to be her next big song. Mr Man is a banger!

• Baby Riddim is the only single on this body of work. Released within the last quarter of 2021, the record had gone on to become one of her biggest records of all time. It's indeed a sweet melody.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget