ALBUM REVIEW: Fiokee - "MAN"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Fiokee - "MAN"

Fiokeee drops a banging project "MAN". Ifiok Effanga, better known by his stage name Fiokee, is a Nigerian guitarist from Akwa Ibom state.

Fiokee is considered one of the pioneering guitarists of African music, particularly in Afrobeats circles. The project featured artists like T-Classic, Jean & Alex, Nelson Freitas, Masterkraft, Bella Shmurda, Yemi Alade, Guchi, Kelvyn Boy, Ric Hassani, Klem, Peruzzi, Layydoe, The Cavemen., Umu obiligbo, Maua Sama, Lirical, Simi, Oxlade, D-Black, Sefa, Vector, Nosa & Ada Ehi.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/31984ab1b06f9101949c446129eaadda.png

• The first song Good Time features T-Classic, Jean, and Alex. It's a dancehall record.

• Masterkraft and Nelson Freitas team up with Fiokee on this one-tagged Smooth Operator. The jam is a mid-tempo afro-fusion tune with some amapiano sounds.

• Here is another afro-fusion from Fiokee. It is one of the singles on this project. Personal features Nigerian street-pop singer, Bella Shmurda.

• Fiokee's I Cannot is a danceable melody featuring Yemi Alade written by Nwamonye Ikemefuna and Yemi Alade.

• Chike and Gyakie link up on this groovy tune tagged Follow Me. It is one of the single on this project and one of my personal favourites.

• Here is my personal best song on this album. Number One is a collaboration between Nigerian songstress, Guchi and Ghanaian singer, Kelvyn Boy.

• Klem and Ric Hassani team up with Fiokee for this loveable record tagged Be a Man.

• Layydoe and Peruzzi come together for this amazing tune You Bad. Fiokee indeed knows how to A/R a project. This is a lovely record.

• Here is another tune with so much potential tagged Nne. Of course, it will help you appreciate Fiokee's strength on the guitar as it is a highlife tune featuring The Cavemen.

• Looking for a tune o vibe to while celebrating? Here is one I will highly recommend. Kelewa by Fiokee and Umu Obiligbo is a lovely record.

• One thing about this record I cherish so much is instrumental. The featured artists, Mua Sama and Lirical did justice on his one. The groovy tune is tagged Forever.

• Of course only fire is expected from a Simi and Oxlade collaboration. Koni Koni is a record you will surely appreciate. It is addictive!

• D-Black, Sefa, and Vector compile a new tune titled Dance.

• One thing about this record I cherish so much is instrumental. Goodness & Mercy performed by Nosa and Ada Ehi is a big tune.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 2/5

AVERAGE RATING - 2.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara
Forum | 16 hours ago

NSCDC Arrests 19-year-old Man For R*ping Nine-year-old Girl In Kwara

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding