EP REVIEW: Skibii - "God Is Bigger Than Man"

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Skibii - "God Is Bigger Than Man"

Nigerian singer-songwriter, Skiibii drops a brand new tape tagged 'God is bigger than man'.

On his first EP, singer Skiibii fuses Afrobeats, R&B, and hip-hop rhythms to capture his various thoughts, qualities, and moods. “If I no like am, omo I go tell you,” he sings on the infectious “If I Ever”; “’cause my feelings don't lie.” The EP's centerpoint "Ma Doubt E" features Zlatan Ibile, who makes a blistering turn on the energetic record. Alluring melodies abound as the vibrant "Money Calls" infuses lively instrumentation before giving way to the brooding bassline of "On G."

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/edc9c43c628b103e4c0612d6445eb928.png

• The first track Money Calls, is another new vibe from Skiibii. The lyrics and hook on this jam are something to pay attention to. It's all motivational.

• Here is one of the best songs on this project. Skiibii cooks up something groovy called Baddest Boy.

• Tinga is a dance-hall jam. It sounds like the old Skiibii with so many captivating melodies. The instrumental is top-notch.

To do justice to this new one called If I Ever, Skiibii employs Mavin records and Blowtime Entertainment star, Crayon. It is a potential hit song.

• I think I love On G. The intro just gets you ready for the hardcore drumkick. Skiibii talks about peace and friendship.

• For Ma Doubt, Skiibii employs street-hop rapper, Zlatan.

• The last track Bygone features DejLoaf. It is another emotional song. It's a mid-tempo trap joint.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Monkey Man Digital Release Date Set for Dev Patel Action Movie

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of British-Nigerian Man Who Was Jailed For 28 Years After Shooting Man Over £3.50 Drug Debt In UK

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa
Forum | 2 days ago

Photo Of Nigerian Man Who Poses As A Ghost To Defraud People In Adamawa

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring
Forum | 2 days ago

Man Dies After His Wife Forced Him To Undergo A Surgery In India To Stop Him From Snoring