Top 5 Songs On The Cavemen's "Love & Highlife" Album

Forum 2 years ago

Top 5 Songs On The Cavemen's "Love & Highlife" Album

Nigerian music group, The Cavemen, a sibling duo of bassist and drummer, returns with their sophomore album, "Love & Highlife".

The 18-tracks project with a bonus track is a rich expression of African culture, community, and humanity. The Cavemen’s rendition on this project mines nostalgia while updating it with luxuriant modernity.

The album is supported by two singles 'Selense' and 'Udo'. It features Cobhams Asuquo, PC Lapez, Made Kuti, Etuk Ubong, and a voice-over from their mother.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c97054f1d368a5d492be4fdc634186c9.png

Love and Trials is one of my favourite songs on this album. It is a love song with spectacular lyrics.

Performed in Igbo language, The Cavemen tries to remind us not to answer critics and haters as they will always be there. It is a beautiful record featuring PC Lapez.

Here is a groovy danceable tune from The Cavemen and Etuk Ubong called Kpokom. It is an uptempo highlife tune.

And here is one of my favourites songs on this album. The Cavemen try to plead with their mysterious women not to be a stranger.

• 1. Selense

This is no doubt the most groovy tune on this album. It's an addictive record.

Other adorable songs on this project include Brother's keeper, Ugo, Ihunanya (The Love Song), and Biri featuring Made Kuti

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’
Forum | 1 week ago

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis
Forum | 1 week ago

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis

Bob Marley: One Love Sets Paramount+ Streaming Date
Forum | 1 week ago

Bob Marley: One Love Sets Paramount+ Streaming Date