Top 5 Songs On Mayorkun's 'Back in Office" Album

Forum 2 years ago

Top 5 Songs On Mayorkun's 'Back in Office" Album

Nigerian singer and song-writer, Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel who is best known as Mayorkun finally coughs out his sophomore album called "Back in Office"

On his long-overdue sophomore album, Mayorkun blends influences from across Africa’s regions into a coherent body of work. From the East African lyrics on “Nakupenda” to the Southern African rhythms of the title track, he varies his sonics with an accomplished dexterity. “I wanted to play around with different sounds but with Afro fused in it,” Mayorkun tells Apple Music. “I still do Yoruba and local Naija wordplay, but I was going for Afrofusion.” Along with its varied aural framework, the album incorporates a range of moods and themes. “I’m heavily influenced by my environment,” he says. “I feel like I had to master peace to make this. I had to be OK before I made this album.” Covering affirmation, catharsis, social commentary, and gratitude, Mayorkun (Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel) talks us through the album, track by track.

Here are the top 5 songs off the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/689884ce792116812d7bb098ee18e882.png

This is one of the singles on this album. It is a groovy record with exciting lyrics and magnificent melodies. Let me Know is a huge record.

Desire is a melodious tune. Mayorkun teamed up with Ghanaian singer and songwriter, Gyakie on this one.

The Mayor of Lagos on returning to office partners with South-African stars, DJ Maphorisa and Kabza DeSmall for this mid-tempo amapiano record tagged Jay Jay. This is one of my best songs on this project.

Mayorkun links up with Flavour to create one of the best songs on his sophomore album. Feel am is super addictive.

In Holy Father, Mayorkun recruits Nigerian fast-rising star, Victony in this danceable tune. This is nodoubt the best track on this project.

Other adorable tunes on this album include Freedom, Back in Office, and No Strings Attached featuring Joeboy.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Box Office Results: Civil War Fends Off Competition
Forum | 3 days ago

Box Office Results: Civil War Fends Off Competition

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 4 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’

The Office Spin-off Series Adds 2 Actors to Ensemble Cast
Forum | 4 days ago

The Office Spin-off Series Adds 2 Actors to Ensemble Cast

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 1 week ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut