EP REVIEW: Buju - "Sorry I'm Late"

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Buju - "Sorry I'm Late"

Nigerian star, Daniel Benson who is best known as Buju shares a brand new project tagged "Sorry I'm Late".

Having enjoyed a run that led to appearances alongside heavy hitters like Zlatan (“Spiritual”), Wizkid (“Mood”), LADIPOE (“Feeling”), and 2021 collaborations with Blaqbonez and Amaarae (“Bling”), and Savage (“Confident”) and leaving an initial recording contract to go independent, Buju unlocks a 7-tracks extended play. "Sorry I’m Late" see Buju fully unleash himself as a solo act in a partnership with Empire Music.

“[This EP] is my personal apology, Buju explains. “I used to get a lot of messages asking ‘When are you dropping [your own material]?’ There was even a voice note from somebody demanding music. I’d never felt like that before. To see people react to the music like that, and the delay, I felt very obliged to say something about it. Sorry I'm Late could not be a better title.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7024ea53264f9c90e70c1eb1897e9697.png

• Daniel Benson

Daniel Benson which is Buju's formal name is a song that literally described Buju. It was produced by Steph and Timi Jay.

Never Stopped is one of my favorites on this project. It exposes resiliency with a snippet of his everyday life. He talked about his challenges as an artist and why he is not giving up anytime soon.

‘Kilometer’ is that dance directive. It taps into the trending Amapiano sound. It's the lovely melody to an amazing beat, produced by Rexxie.”

Something sweet is a feel-good record. It has the power of making you be in the moment that makes you just want to vibe all through. It is a beautiful tune.

Ogechukwu translates to ‘God's timing’. The sounds are live, the drums, the guitars, everything live. It's real. It features Nigerian music duo, The Cavemen.

For Here is another feel-good record. It's very soft and romantic. Listening to it gives me this romantic vibe that makes me just want to cuddle and smile.

I Do produced by Steph is a song for the moment. It's a motivational song that could push you to stretch yourself just a little longer. A powerful tune.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
money Vows To Take Care Of Late Jnr Pope’s Children
Forum | 14 hours ago

money Vows To Take Care Of Late Jnr Pope’s Children

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today
Forum | 2 days ago

Late Sound Sultan’s Wife, Farida Shares Lovely Family Photo As She Turns 40 Today

Video of Late Actor, Junior Pope Recounting How He Met His Wife Resurfaces Online
Forum | 2 days ago

Video of Late Actor, Junior Pope Recounting How He Met His Wife Resurfaces Online

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 3 days ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut