ALBUM REVIEW: CDQ - "Vibes And Lifestyle"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: CDQ - "Vibes And Lifestyle"

Nigerian rapper, songwriter, and performing artist Sodiq Abubakar Yusuf, who is also known as CDQ shares his third studio album "Vibes and Lifestyle"

Continuing his dedication to Indigenous raps on his fourth release, CDQ infuses electronic production and rhythmic instrumentation with his signature relatable lyrics. With a spontaneous vibe, the rapper folds Yoruba rhymes into engaging storylines. He reunites with Masterkraft on “Bahamas” while adding cross-regional appeal with Tanzanian singer Ben Pol featuring on the melodic “Omoka.”

The album features Wande Coal, Masterkraft, Cross IV, WETLY, Cross IV, Ben Pol, Jaywillz, and Hameen.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d6433fbc3ae2b5f5c7ab18846f5d08b7.png

• The first song Who is Cdq is one of the hip-hop jams you will love to hear this year. It is a mid-tempo pop tune that talks about CDQ's reality.

• Jay Pizzle produced Keep On Rocking is a danceable tune by CDQ featuring Wande Coal.

• Masterkraft and WETLY link up on this beautiful love tune tagged Bahamas. This is one of my favourite jams on this project.

• Looking for a hardcore rap jam? Here is one. CDQ and Cross IV on this beautiful track tagged Slow Down.

• Omoka is a beautiful melody performed by CDQ and Ben Pol.

• In Addicted , Jaywillz and Wande Coal team up with CDQ for this potential hit song.

• This is another classic jam on this project. Puff Puff Pass is a street-pop lamba.

• In Caution, CDQ shares a danceable street-pop jam with so much groove and melody.

• Ozedikus and CDQ team up for this banging melody titled Foseto.

• Flabbergasted is a drill jam.

• Celebrate is a street-pop tune produced by Jay Pizzle. It has elements of amapiano and dancehall.

• The next track Kogbede featuring Wande Coal is another amapiano tune on this album.

• One of the singles on this project is this next song. Tekiller is a firetune to say the least.

• Dollar & Pounds a danceable street-oop jam features Hameen.

• The last two songs, Moyan and Could Have Been Worse are bonus tracks previously released as singles.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 4 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial