How Injury Ruined My Football Career - BBNaija Star, Boma Opens Up

Forum 2 years ago

How Injury Ruined My Football Career - BBNaija Star, Boma Opens Up

Boma Akpore, a former Big Brother Naija housemate, has narrated how injury ended his football career.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/64537475dedf7043e95cdc18e7719cc0.jpeg

In an interview with media personality, Chude Jideonwo, Boma said the situation made him fall into depression.

The ex-housemate said he never planned to leave football until injury forced him out.

“I went to Poland, played in a small club, put myself together. I went back to Belgium from where I had contact with an agent, now to Scottish Premiership. I had a small injury I was nursing.”

“I usually don’t get injuries. If I’ll get injured, maybe muscular injuries at the gym or something. I kicked the floor and that muscle, that was it, men. I was trying. They injected me in that spot while I was in Scotland.

“I had to sign, I was already there, man. Despite the injection, the pain wouldn’t leave. Whether climbing the stairs or riding a bike, I felt it. I tried that week, I couldn’t. That injury just never left. In all my games, I couldn’t run well.

“Everyone including the agent was disappointed. It wasn’t my fault. That pushed me into serious, heavy depression. I still get messages in my inbox saying, ‘I didn’t believe you would leave football after everything you did’.

“That injury was a career-ending injury. I packed my bag, left Scotland, and went back to Belgium to pack my other bag. I was back in the United States. 2017, March 8. That was the end of my career in football. My depression was bad. I would just wake up and sit on the floor. I’m not moving. Seven months. I didn’t want to do anything. My friend told me, ‘Bro, you can’t be living like this. There are people in Nigeria depending on you,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests
Forum | 21 hours ago

Anne Hathaway Opens up About ‘Gross’ Early 2000s Chemistry Tests

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido
Forum | 1 day ago

Chioma Adeleke Opens Up On How She Met Her Husband, Davido

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline