Virgil van Dijk handed zero rating after his display in Liverpool’s win over Atletico

Forum 2 years ago

Virgil van Dijk handed zero rating after his display in Liverpool’s win over Atletico

Virgil van Dijk has been hammered within the Spanish press for his efficiency in Liverpool’s 3-2 Champions League win towards Atletico Madrid on the Wanda Metropolitano

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f88c31022b3aa51c7a9d8803453d167d.jpg

‘3 grimy issues’ fulfill Klopp as Liverpool beat Atleti

Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk used to be passed a nil score for his Champions League efficiency towards Atletico Madrid on Tuesday night time.

The brutal verdict used to be delivered via newspaper AS after the Dutchman, 30, and his defensive colleagues conceded an Antoine Griezmann brace within the 3-2 win.

As reported via Sport Witness, the Spanish outlet refused to provide Van Dijk a mark for his show towards the L. a. Liga champions.

It is believed AS fee avid gamers out of 3 slightly than the commonplace ten, with Mohamed Salah and Yannick Carrasco getting the perfect grade.

Simply 4 of Liverpool’s beginning XI got a ranking of a minimum of two – one not up to Atletico’s workforce – in spite of claiming the win.

Atletico Madrid ahead Antoine Griezmann rankings after Virgil van Dijk’s error

When put next, Van Dijk gained a six out of ten from the Liverpool Echo, whilst The Independent gave him only a 5.

BT Game pundits and previous Liverpool avid gamers Peter Crouch and Joe Cole additionally criticised the Reds defender for his efforts in looking to forestall Atletico’s 2nd purpose.

Crouch stated: “Van Dijk’s frame place defensively [was wrong].

“It’s tough to criticise Van Dijk but when he faces up there the contact doesn’t misinform him from Griezmann, however he is going again to purpose, turns fall circle there and that absolutely kills him.”

Cole added: “He simply were given it improper right here. It’s tough to criticise him as he’s been a Rolls Royce of a centre-half for years however there used to be a pair moments this night the place I believe he used to be somewhat bit off it.

“I nonetheless assume he’s the most productive centre-half within the league however he simply had an off evening.”

Arsene Wenger takes facets after Diego Simeone and Jurgen Klopp’s touchline row

Andy Robertson explains how Liverpool reacted to Diego Simeone’s touchline theatrics

AS’ verdict is a setback for Van Dijk, who is constant his restoration from a major knee harm sustained twelve months in the past.

Talking about his comeback earlier than the Atletico sport, Van Dijk stated: “I wish to be as excellent as I will for the workforce I play for and the rustic I play for.

“We all know how tough it’s to come back again from a knee harm.”

Van Dijk used to be extensively thought to be one of the crucial highest defenders in the world earlier than his harm, serving to Liverpool win the Champions League and Premier League.

The 42-cap global additionally captains his nation and become the costliest defender in historical past when he finished a £75million transfer to Anfield in January 2018.

Is Virgil van Dijk nonetheless one of the crucial highest defenders on the earth? Tell us within the feedback under

Van Dijk added: “I have had a protracted pre-season and I think like I’m making improvements to every sport.

“We’ve got running in combination for this kind of very long time now and we’re looking to get again to our highest.”

Klopp has subsidized Van Dijk to make a complete restoration, hailing him because the “highest centre-half on the earth” earlier than the Atletico conflict.

Learn Extra

“You are no longer a pleasing individual!” Jurgen Klopp snaps at reporter and storms out of interview

Learn Extra

Jurgen Klopp on what is going to occur subsequent time he sees Diego Simeone after handshake snub

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp
Forum | 3 mins ago

EPL: Why Liverpool lost 2-0 to Everton – Klopp

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish
Forum | 10 mins ago

EPL: John Terry predicts positions Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool will finish

Furiosa MPA Rating Revealed for Mad Max Prequel
Forum | 13 hours ago

Furiosa MPA Rating Revealed for Mad Max Prequel

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Arsenal’s biggest win of season – Redknapp reacts to 2-0 victory over Wolves