EP REVIEW: Veeiye - "Young & Reckless"

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Veeiye - "Young & Reckless"

Veeiye drops her debut project tagged Y"oung & Reckless". She is a British/Nigerian singer, songwriter and producer.

On her debut EP, singer Veeiye (Victoria Adeyele) crafts Afro-R&B that unapologetically embraces her strength and sexuality. Opener “Do It” sets the tone with the singer in an empowered mood, while the Laycon-assisted “Enter My Head” is equally defiant. The hip-hop influence continues alongside LADIPOE on the amorous “Forbidden Fruit”, which is preceded by the amapiano-tinged “Show”—a nod to Veeiye’s reality TV stint on Season 5 of Big Brother Naija.

The 5-tracks body of work attempts to expose Veiiye's untapped talent.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4b8a213c41f0cb4939cee7bf57736d56.png

• The first track Do It, is a slow-paced adorable tune. Veeiye raps, sings and pours out her heart in the dark afro-fusion melody.

• In Enter My Head, Veeiye featured her friend, Laycon in this mid-tempo jam produced by Pheelz. The sound is something new and yet relatable.

• Show is the only single on this project. It is a solo-performed danceable tune produced by Pheelz.

• Looking for an emotional song to chill? Veeiyes's Forbidden Fruit is that jam for you. The R&B elements on this record are something that needs to be talked about. The record featured Laipoe and was produced by Louddaa. It is one of my favourite jams on this project.

• No Time is one of the fire tunes on this project. It is that beautiful record with reoccurring bedroom melodies that is soothing.

RATING

Lyrics - 2/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 2/5

AVERAGE RATING - 2.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Young Woman and the Sea Video Previews ‘Ultimate Underdog Story’
Forum | 6 days ago

Young Woman and the Sea Video Previews ‘Ultimate Underdog Story’

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 1 week ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Heartwarming Video Of Veteran Actor, Nobert Young With His Wife, Gloria Young Vibing At A Party

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode