EP REVIEW: Magixx - 'Magixx"

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Magixx - 'Magixx"

On Thursday 23rd September 2021, Don Jazzy and Mavin records activated Alexander Adewunmi Adelabu, a new mavin records artist who is professionally known as Magixx.

The Nigerian record label announced the signing of the new star barely a few months after signing Ayra Starr earlier this year.

Ayra Starr has so far released two projects this year, an eponymous extended play and her debut “19 & Dangerous” album.

Magixx was announced with a release of his debut project. A solo-performed eponymous 5-tracks extended play.

Here is a candid review of the project.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/39a38c0f701849bbde0f9e56a6960512.png

• The first track, Love Don't Cost A Dime is my best track off this project. The new Mavin records act gave me goosebumps with his pen game o this one. The instrumental is groovy, melodious, and addictive.

• In Like A Movie , Magixx writes a love letter to his mysterious babe. The sound is something new and yet relatable. It is that beautiful record with reoccurring bedroom melodies that is soothing.

• Talented music producer, London gifts Magixx a funky hard-core tune to hop on. Pati is that record that shows how versatile Magixx is. He attacked the beat like a rapper.

• Gratitude is another adorable melody on this project. It's a mid-tempo groovy melody. Magixx once again shows off his mind-blowing songwriting skills.

• To wrap up this journey, Magixx adds an R&B melody tagged Motivate Yourself. The R&B elements on this record are something that needs to be talked about. This is surely one of my best songs on the extended play.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget