EP REVIEW: Oxlade - "Eclipse"

Forum 2 years ago

EP REVIEW: Oxlade - "Eclipse"

Nigeria singer, and songwriter, Ikuforiji Olaitan Abdulrahman who is popularly known as Oxlade drops his second project tagged "Eclipse".

The Troniq Music's recording artist, Oxlade who is now signed to Sony Music Entertainment shares a new body of work months after dropping his debut project 'Oxygene'.

The extended play is exclusively produced by Coublon features alternative, Afropop, and afro-fusion sounds.

On the Eclipse EP, Oxlade joins forces with producer Coublon for an emotive dose of Afropop. Cocooned within falsetto-draped soundbeds, Oxlade (Ikuforiji Olaitan Abdulrahman) navigates the complexities of love with infectious lyricism. While “More” displays an eagerness for romance, “Ojuju” folds a sense of trepidation between its polyrhythms. With its beguiling refrains, dub bassline and mellifluous chords, “Incomplete” best captures the magic of this duo.

Here is a candid review of the extended play by Oxlade

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/acab2856746591bd14155f75803eb6f2.png

• The first track More is a beautiful tune. It's a love song that got Oxlade professing his love to his mysterious love. He went on to say 'I want more more more of you, only me want all of you'.

• Ojuju is the only single on this project. It's a lovely tune that's groovy and soothing. The chorus 'I dey fear Ojuju I dey fear, I dey fear fear fear of falling' is the most beautiful part of this song. It's just spiritual.

• Another potential banger on this project aside Ojuju will be Pay Me. It is an emotional song from Oxlade. As expected, the lyrics are spectacular same as the instrumental produced by Coublon.

• Here is the last song on this body of work. Incomplete has potential as it is a groovy emotional song that is danceable. The melodies in this song are five star if I'm to rate it.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget
Forum | 1 month ago

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget

I Lost N400m Endorsement Deals Because Of S*x Tape Scandal – Singer, Oxlade Reveals
Forum | 1 month ago

I Lost N400m Endorsement Deals Because Of S*x Tape Scandal – Singer, Oxlade Reveals

FUTO notice on suspension of upward review of students
Forum | 1 month ago

FUTO notice on suspension of upward review of students' service charges/fees