ALBUM REVIEW: Ayra Starr - "19 & Dangerous"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Ayra Starr - "19 & Dangerous"

Nigeria's Mavin records new signee Oyinkansola Aderibigbe who is popularly known as Ayra Starr drops her debut album tagged "19 & Dangerous".

The Benin-born Nigerian singer and songwriter share a new body of work months after dropping her debut project. Ayra Starr who joined Mavin records early this year drops an 11-track album tagged "19 & Dangerous".

The album features R$B, alternative, Afropop, and soul music. She teamed up with CKay and Foushee for the album with production credits to London, Loudaa, Andre Vibez and Don Jazzy.

Here is a candid review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/278c5cb6a5f481f1a53b2abf96732d16.jpg

• The first song Cast (Gen Z Anthem) is a mid-paced jam that started with a slow-performed voice-over. It's a lovely tune that talks about our realities and the need to give dead ears to gossips.

• The second song Fashion Killer produced by London is a melodic jam performed on a funky instrumental. It is one of my favourites.

• Here is another dope song on this project. It appears that Louddaa and Ayra Starr have some sort of chemistry when it comes to creating adorable tunes. Lonely is a potential hit.

• Snitch is a lovely tune by Ayra Starr featuring American singer Foushee.

• In Toxic, Ayra Starr repackages one of her freestyle in a hard record produced by Don Jazzy.

• In Between produced by Loudda is an R&b tune. It's a beautiful jam to cool you off.

• The next song is called Beggie Beggie and it features Nigerian singer CKay.

• Karma is a beautiful track. It was also produced by Mavin records boss, Don Jazzy. It's a groovy tune.

• Here is the only single on the project. Bloody Samaritan is a danceable tune produced by London.

• Bridgertn is one of my favourite jams on this project. It is a spiritual tune produced by Andre Vibez.

• The last track Amin is a groovy tune.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

• BUY >> Ayra Starr - "19 & Dangerous" Album on iTunes

• DOWNLOAD >> Ayra Starr - "19 & Dangerous" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ayra Starr Donates Borehole to a Community in Lagos State (Video)
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Ayra Starr Donates Borehole to a Community in Lagos State (Video)

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

I Ate Yam, Eggs Almost Every Day For 2 Years – Ayra Starr
Forum | 3 weeks ago

I Ate Yam, Eggs Almost Every Day For 2 Years – Ayra Starr

Afrobeats Is The Best Genre In The World – Ayra Starr (Video)
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Afrobeats Is The Best Genre In The World – Ayra Starr (Video)