Wizkid VS Tems, Who Performed Better In 'Essence'

Forum 2 years ago

Wizkid VS Tems, Who Performed Better In 'Essence'

Nigerian popstar, singer, and songwriter, Ayo Balogun who is best known as Wizkid is one of the most decorated Afrobeat artists in this decade following the successful run his fourth studio album 'Made in Lagos' has enjoyed over the past few months.

With a solid performance on core afrobeat tracks with soothing melodies from Jamaica, Canada, London, Nigeria, and America, Wizkid shared another angle of growing up in Lagos. According to Wizkid is a project meant to tell the beautiful story of what growing up in Lagos (Africa’s most populous city) feels like.

The RCA/Sony Music recording artiste who launched his own imprint, Starboy Entertainment in March 2013 dropped his second studio album under a major label sometime last year. The “Made in Lagos” album by Ayo "Wizkid" Balogun is a 14-track album featuring Damian MarleyElla Mai, TerriTemsBurna BoyH.E.RTay Iwar, and Projexx. It is a well-crafted body of work. Listening to the tracks on this album gave me goosebumps, made me remember the Afrobeat of the 2000s when 2Baba, Faze and the rest dominated the Nigerian music space with cool and slow-paced jams.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0cd1f1628e1e6caf3b001e69fd43cca8.png

One of the tracks on the album is called 'Essence' and it featured Nigerian rising star, Tems. The song has so far proven to be the biggest song on the album after getting support from so many stars across the world including Hollywood star, Kelvin Hart, Snoop Dogg, Kylie Jenner, Justin Beiber, Rihanna, and others.

The song has now spent two weeks on Billboard Hot 100 peaking at number seventy-two. This is the first song with a Nigerian star as a lead artist to achieve this fit.

Amidst this record, is a claim by many music fans who believe that Tems performed better than Wizkid on Essence.

Who do you think performed better between Wizkid and Tems? Please react below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC - Kenneth Okonkwo
Forum | 6 days ago

The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC - Kenneth Okonkwo

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago