ALBUM REVIEW: Rexxie - "A True Champion"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Rexxie - "A True Champion"

Nigerian serial hitmaker and music producer, Chizom Ezeh who is best known as Rexxie unlocks his debut album tagged ‘A True Champion’.

The KPK crooner, Rexxie who dished out his debut ‘Afro Street’ project in 2020 crowns himself 'A True Champion' in his debut album. His Extended Play is a 7-track project featuring stars like ZlatanNaira MarleyBarry Jhay, and Poco Lee.

Rexxie via his socials revealed he has songs with Teni and South African singer, Sho Madjozi. Others are MohbadBujuDavido, Naira Marley, Sarkodie, Zlatan, Bella ShmurdaT ClassicOxlade, Ms Banks, Bad Boy Timz, Zinoleesky, Kida Kudz, Peruzzi, Lyta, Emo Grae, Seyi Vibez, and Moelogo.

Here is an honest review of the 'A True Champion' album by Rexxie.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5db699c4f7ea956631ce6fc3beddffe4.png

• The first track Frenemies featuring Oxlade is a cool tune. As expected, Oxlade comes through with a contagious vibe and inexplainable melody.

• In Boi Boi, Rexxie teams up with Dr Dolor Entertainment star, Teni to create a beautiful party vibe.

• Ghanaian rapper, Sarkordie joins Rexxie and Naira Marley for the a new version of Mofoti.

• Rexxie employs the services of Asake to do justice to this amapiano sound tagged Banger. You'll surely fall in love with this one.

• Motherland comes into play to remind us how versatile Rexxie is. The funky tune features Kida Kudz. This is the record you listen to and want to give kudos to the A/R. Amazing choice.

• Here is Rexxie's most recent hit single KPK performed by Mohbad.

• Bella Shmurda and Rexxie teamed up some time ago to unlock this new single-tagged Back 2 Back. It's a danceable tune.

• Birthday is surely one of the best tunes on this project. I literally started smiling when it came on. Moelogo and Buju are beautiful vocalists and amazing songwriters. The groove on this melody is something magical.

• Ms Banks and Bad Boy Timz partner with Rexxie for this melodic funky tune dubbed Booty Bounce.

• DMW vibe machine, Peruzzi comes through with a mid joint tagged by Hobby produced by Rexxie. I literally didn't connect with this jam. I'll say it's one of those collaborations that were forced on this project.

• Rexxie and Zanku Records boss, Zlatan drops a new lamba titled Zanku 2.0

• Here is another powerful tune on this project. The beat is addictive. It's a mid-tempo afro-fusion tune featuring Seyi Vibes tagged 40BTC.

• Rexxie, Midas the Jagaban, and Zinoleesky create a groovy tune titled Ginger Me.

• DMW boss, David Adeleke aka Davido teams up with Rexxie in All to talk about his feelings for his mysterious girl.

• Here is the remix of Rexxie's most recent hit single KPK remix performed by Mohbad and South African star, Sho Madjozi.

• Rexxie employs Lyta and Emo Grae for his new song For You a slow-paced melodic song to celebrate his fans and God and show gratitude towards the fans for streaming his songs.

• The last track is powerful. Rexxie, T Classic, and Blanche Bailly created magic in Champion.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with
Forum | 6 days ago

Champions League: Mbappe names club he wants to win trophy with

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Why Haaland struggles to score against Real Madrid – Guardiola

Why finding true love as an actress is hard – Laide Bakare
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Why finding true love as an actress is hard – Laide Bakare