ALBUM REVIEW: Olamide - "UY SCUTI"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Olamide - "UY SCUTI"

Popular Nigerian rapper and record label executive, Olamide Gbenga Adedeji who is best known as Olamide or Baddo has finally released his new album tagged 'UY SCUTI'.

The YBNL boss is arguably the most decorated performing artist in Nigeria at the moment. Olamide who performs in English and Yoruba presents a 10-tracks album as a follow-up to his recently released project Carpe Diem.

Recall that the rapper dropped two projects last year '999' and 'Carpe Diem' after penning down a Joint Venture Deal with Empire Music.

The incoming album 'UY SCUTI' is his twelfth project in his eleven years career which gives him a high ratio of one project in a year.

The new project by  Olamide features LayydoeFaveJaywillz, and Phyno. It is a perfectly crafted body of work that amplifies Olamide's range and versatility as an artist. He ensured his sounds are peculiar and new to an already saturated market.

Here is a candid review of UY SCUTI album by Olamide.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ed10c527391eff48bb0fd041fdfbc8c7.png

• The first track Need For Speed is one of my favourite jams on this project. It's a mid-tempo jam with a BPM as low as 96. The lyrics talk about the struggles of an average Nigerian youth living in Lagos. It's a beautiful piece.

• Nigeria's fast-rising talent Jaywillz teams up with Olamide to give fans a danceable tune Jailer. The melodies and lyrics remind us why Olamide is the Baddo of the Nigerian music industry.

• Here is the only single on the project. Rock is a groovy tune that amplifies the need to open up and define relationships. Olamide could be heard describing exactly what he needs from his new crush.

• The female copulatory vocalizations on this record Julie are something that'll get your attention. It is indeed addictive.

• Layydoe joins Olamide in this reggae-infused afro-fusion sound tagged Rough Up.

• Here is another solid jam on this project. Fave and Olamide gave us another 'Essence' vibe on this R&B sound. The melody and vocals all compliment each other. Want It is solid!

• In PonPon Fave and Olamide once more link up to create a potential hit track. The title already suggests it's something groovy and hundred percent African. Fave's vocals surely marry effortlessly with that of Olamide.

• Cup of Tea is fire. 'Why I no go woo you? Why I no go glue you? This thing you carry Shey it no go wound you?' is one of the beautiful lines on this playful jam.

• Finally, Olamide teams up with his longtime friend, Phyno on another beautiful melody. Somebody is surely one of the few potential hit songs on the project. The hook is magical and Phyno's verse is something to look forward to.

• The last track So Much More is a potential evergreen song. It is a reggae-influenced jam that is meant to encourage women to believe in themselves.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Cynthia Morgan recalls how Olamide gifted her N1M, appreciates singer
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Cynthia Morgan recalls how Olamide gifted her N1M, appreciates singer

Olamide Has Helped Me More Than My Mother – Bella Shmurda
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Olamide Has Helped Me More Than My Mother – Bella Shmurda

Olamide is Successful Internationally And Still Supports African Music Awards – Bella Shmurda
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Olamide is Successful Internationally And Still Supports African Music Awards – Bella Shmurda

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 4 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla