ALBUM REVIEW: Laycon - "Shall We Begin"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Laycon - "Shall We Begin"

Nigerian rapper and performing artist, Olamilekan Moshood Agbeleshe, who is mostly known as Laycon presents his new album tagged 'Shall We Begin'.

Laycon who is signed to Fierce Nation a record label under which he released his first extended play 'Who is Laycon' partners with OneRPM to unlock a solid 12-tracks album.

The Nigerian hip hop star, Laycon who commands a social media group called Icons employs the services of talented artists like features Mayorkun, Joeboy, Terri, Teni & YKB.

The album features two previously released singles and ten new songs.

Here is a one-time listen review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/206c38c25f6755e7cb1002f05e86dcdf.png

• The first track ...And so She Spoke is a lovely voice-over performed in Yoruba language.

• In God Body, Laycon shares a hard-core hip-hop jam as he talks about supremacy and bing a 'God in human body'.

• Finally, DMW singer and king of collaboration, Mayorkun join Laycon in a groovy Lamba tune tagged Verified.

• To me, this is one of my favourite jams on this project. I never expected Laycon to be this good in a slow-paced beach vibe tune. In All Over Me, Laycon talks about love and his plan to love his mysterious woman on tour.

• Wagwan is one of the singles on this project. On this street-pop melody, Lyacon attempts to give his fans and other lovers of good music something relatable.

• emPawa Music star, Joeboy and Grammy-award-winning music producer, Telz teams up with Laycon in a lovely afrobeat jam-tagged Kele.

• Starboy Entertainment singer, Terri links up with his friend Laycon in a beautiful afro-fusion tune Jeje.

• Bam Bam is another groovy tune produced by Telz. Laycon comes through with a beautiful melody on this Funkula produced jam.

• Teni and Laycon team up for a party jam tagged Want You Back. You will surely be glad to have this song played at the club one of these days.

• The next track, Fall For Me is beautiful, lovely, and eccentric. Laycon employs the services of his friend, YKB to give us something romantic.

• My Lane is a hip-hop track produced by Majorbangz. Laycon gave us his best on this one.

• The outro, ...And so They Spoke... is an R&B melody that brings us to the end of this lovely ride.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government
Forum | 8 hours ago

Electricity Tariffs: RSM Calls On Nigerian Labour To Begin Mass Protests Against Tinubu Government

Forum | 1 day ago

Movie Producers Suspend Adanma Luke, Begin Probe of Junior Pope’s Death
Forum | 2 days ago

Movie Producers Suspend Adanma Luke, Begin Probe of Junior Pope’s Death

Shallipopi
Forum | 4 days ago

Shallipopi's New Album, Shakespopi Claims 1st-9th Position On Apple Music