ALBUM REVIEW: Runtown - "SoundGod Fest Reloaded"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Runtown - "SoundGod Fest Reloaded"

Nigerian songwriter, singer, music producer and musical performer, Douglas Jack Agu who is popularly known as Runtown presents his fourth project tagged 'SounGod Fest Reloaded'.

The former Eric Many Entertainment recording artist, Runtown features Darkovibes, Minz, Bella Shmurda, Made Kuti & Rowlene in the second edition of his SoundGod Fest mixtape. The 12-tracks body of work is an afro-fusion pack with a few other genres like afrobeat, and popular music.

Runtown who has been away for a while gathers the courage to storm back with a solid body of work as he hopes to explore the digital space and tap into the growing audience.

The singer searches his soul for some romantic melodies to quench the thirst of his fans who have been without a Runtown sound for a while. He includes two single 'Boddy Riddim' and 'Kini Issue' on this project.

Here is an honest review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8bee06f875a939d133c2e564bef3292b.jpg

• The album starts off with an X-rated vibe. Fuck Eh Up talks about sex and his intentions to f*ck his mysterious in the slow-paced jam assisted by Darkovibes and Minz.

• Sativa by Runtown featuring Babcock University graduate, Minz is a sensual melody.

• The third track is Body Riddim the first single released off this project. The groovy tune features fast-rising Nigerian singer, Bella Shmurda, and Ghanaian-born singer, Darkovibes.

• Runtown includes Kini Issue in his fourth project. The sexual lovely tune comes clean with adorable melodies and beautiful lyrics.

• Made Kuti joins Runtown to narrate what his mama told him in Mama Told Me. He talks about life and the mysteries therein. It's a groovy tune with the sounds from Made's sax.

• Understanding Love is one of my favourite jams off this project. It's equally one of the few songs solo performed by Runtown on this project. It just gets you in the right mood once you push the play button. The intro is addictive as f*ck.

• In Luva Luva, Runtown teams up with South African singer and songwriter, Rowlene to share a love song.

• Runtown revisits his old song Kini Issue to dish out another version of the song with a different melody. The instrumental was obviously upgraded but the lyrics stayed the same.

• Tell Me What You Want is another of my favourite. The emotional tune featured Ghanaian singer, Darkovibes.

• Surely, Runtown is set to have a couple of hit songs on this project. Vigilante Riddim featuring Darkovibes is yet another powerful jam to listen to. It's groovy!

• Runtown employs Minz in Ghetto Gospel Riddim. I'm sure you will fall in love with the mindblowing melodies on this track. Just take a listen and thank me. This track is fire!

• The last track is a dancehall melody. Runtown and Minz link up for Bad Pass Dem.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> Runtown - "SounGod Fest Reloaded" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Runtown - ""SounGod Fest Reloaded" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago