EP REVIEW: Tay Iwar - "Love & Isolation"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Tay Iwar - "Love & Isolation"

Nigerian recording artist, singer-songwriter, sound engineer, and record producer, Austin 'Tay' Iornongu Iwar popularly known as Tay Iwar is back with a new body of work.

Following the release of his 2019 project GEMINI, Tay Iwar takes another journey in a bid to blend his otherwordly melodies with Afropop and R&B.

His sophomore solo project, Love & Isolation, is full of vulnerable moments. Over the course of five tracks, he releases a pantheon of loverboy anguish with help from Aṣa, Xenia Manasseh, and more. Familiar emotions and situations are probed for their contradictions, flaws, and tensions within the push and pull of living under quarantine.

From singing about a heart full of regret in “STONES” to pensive introspection in “THINKING” and deep yearning brought on by an inebriated late-night session in “PEAKING,” Tay Iwar tells poignant stories of love as one who has lived through it and walked away scathed by its intensity.

The 5-tracks body of work features Asa, Xenia Manasseh, Lou Val & Insightful.

Here is a candid review of this body of work.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/045057b1657d7aa551a2155be69aa5a2.jpg

• The first song YOGA featuring Asa is a spiritual melody. It takes you down the lane of self-discovery and self-actualization. It's indeed a slow-paced R&B song for meditation.

• On the next track, Tay Iwar teams up with Kenyan-born singer, Xenia Manasseh in another classic tune-tagged STONES.

• The third song started as a Hollywood movie soundtrack. It has this groovy melody with typical afrobeat vibes performed with sexual vocal melodies. Feel featuring Lou Val & Insightful is dope.

• Looking for a rhythm and blues jam with so many sensual chords to get you moody? THINKING Tay Iwar is the track you're looking for. It's a magical vibe.

• The last track PEAKING is the only single on this project. It's a typical R&B sound.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4.5/5

BUY >> Tay Iwar - "Love & Isolation" EP on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >>Tay Iwar - "Love & Isolation" EP

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 10 hours ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 21 hours ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’
Forum | 1 week ago

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis
Forum | 1 week ago

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis