ALBUM REVIEW: Idowest - "Mafia Culture"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Idowest - "Mafia Culture"

Nigerian rapper and Davido Music Worldwide recording artist, Adekunle Idowu presents his second project album, Mafia Culture Vol. 2.

Idowest who joined Davido's Davido Music Worldwide in May 2018 comes through with a solid body of work. Idowest released his first project Mafia Culture Vol. 1. in 2019. The first edition featured Yonda and Abramsoul and was a 6-tracks body of work.

The second edition released on March 18, 2021, is a ten-track project with guest appearances from Davido, Mayorkun, Ayanfe, Zlatan, Patoranking, Bella Shmurda, Q2, Abramsoul, C Blvck, and Mohbad.

It appeared only two songs out of ten were solo-performed while he got assistance on the rest tracks.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6acfd0eeed598152be3f5996aa58b495.jpg

• The first track Jah is a mid-tempo street-gospel jam. Idowest makes use of his native language, Yoruba to appraise God for his awesomeness.

• Nu Level is a high-tempo trap jam. Idowest reminds us he is a hard-core Yoruba indigenous rapper. The jam is indeed fire.

• For an afro-house amapiano tune Caro, Idowest employs the services of his serial hitmaker boss, Davido. Well, the jam has some potential.

• Idowest hires the melodic vocals of his label mate, Mayorkun in another afro-house amapiano tune tagged Kabaa.

• In Joro, Idowest presents a mid-tempo love song with Ayanfe. To be honest, for a second, I thought the sexual vocals of Ayanfe were that of Omah Lay, It's a powerful record.

• A Mafia Culture album without Zlatan would have been incomplete. There is a need to have a rhythmic flow and a street vernacular and that's exactly what Zlatan and Idowest served us in Famo.

• Reggae-dancehall artist, Patoranking joins Idowest on this high-tempo dance-electronic tune Shamaya.

• Mafia Tension featuring Bella Shmurda to me is the weakest jam on this project. I feel like this collaboration was forced and these had no form of synergy working together on this one.

• Ewe features Q2, Abramsoul, and C Blvck. It's a street-hop dancehall tune performed in Yoruba.

• The last track, Gbe Body featuring Mohbad has one of the best instrumentals on this project. It's also an afro-house tune.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 2/5

AVERAGE RATING - 2.8/5

BUY >> Idowest - "Mafia Culture" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Idowest - "Mafia Culture" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Dwayne Johnson: Woke Culture ‘Really Bugs Me’
Forum | 1 week ago