ALBUM REVIEW: Teni - "WONDALAND"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Teni - "WONDALAND"

Nigerian pop singer and songwriter, Teniola Akpata drops her highly anticipated debut album tagged "WONDALAND".

Teni born in December 1992 is an award-winning Nigerian songstress with remarkable talent. Teni was discovered by Shizzi who signed her to his Magic Fingers Records under which she released her debut single titled 'Amen'. This was before joining her current record label, Dr Dolor Entertainment in 2017. Teni launched a new phase of her career under Dr Dolor and gained prominence with her single "Fargin'" released in September 2017.

In 2018, Teni won the Headies Rookie of the Year award after dropping hit songs like Askamaya, Case, and Uyo Meyo with the Headies calendar for the 2018 edition.

So far, Teni has dropped two amazing projects. The Billionaire and Quarantine Playlist EP released in 2019 and 2020 respectively. She currently has an endorsement deal with TomTom.

Last night, Teni dished out her 17-track debut album "WONDALAND" featuring Davido with production credits to Krizbeatz, Pheelz, Damayo, P. Priime, Tempoe, and Ozedikus.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cd5ee25729962f4721094b5e911ec067.png

• The first track Maja is a slow-paced tune and a melodic intro for this body of work produced by Pheelz.

• For You by Teni featuring Davido is the only song with a guest act. Teni and Davido created nothing but a hit in this one. The chorus is catchy and the melodies groovy.

• Ozedikus and Teni link up for a mid-tempo electrifying afrobeat tune titled Moslado.

• Finally, we have a typical Teni sound in Game Over. Produced by Pheelz and performed with Yoruba with street-friendly chants.

• Looking for a song that has the potential of giving you that heaven feeling? Here it is, Teni - Hustle. The lyrics are top-notch as well.

• Damayo and Teni have been friends for a while so it is only normal for them to cook up a hard tune with astounding chords like FBI.

• Personally, I think the synergy P Priime and Teni showed in Toxic is crazy. The beauty of this tune is that it can find its way into any mood you find yourself.

• Injure Me is a high-tempo tune with adult and relatable lyrics. For Teni fans, having this kind of jam in the WONDALAND album was expected but to a lot of us, we could say we expected more.

• For those who don't know, I am a fan of slow melodious beach vibe palm wine music and this is exactly what Teni gave us in 100 meters.

• Were is powerful. Teni and Pheelz attempt to give us another Uyo Meyo in 2021.

• On could fit into your dancehall playlist for the summer season.

• Looking for a Teni song with mind-blowing deep house and beach music? Wonda Why could be the song for you.

• Finally, we have a song to idolize the Super eagle's playmaker, Jay Jay Okocha. Okocha is a high-tempo party vibe.

• JO is the first single released off this project. It's groovy and blissful.

• After losing her dad when she was only a kid in 1995, Teni drops Dads Song a tribute song to her father and those of her fans who are fatherless. It's a melancholic vibe.

• Despite being bullied and trolled on social media for her size, Teni drops XXXL a song that encourages people to be proud of who they are. It's an emotional song.

• Black Bonus Track is the perfect song to summarize the journey in Teni's "WONDALAND". It's simply inspirational and a cry for self-realization.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> Teni - "WONDALAND" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Teni - "WONDALAND" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live
Forum | 2 days ago