EP REVIEW: Ruger - "Pandemic"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Ruger - "Pandemic"

During the weekend, Jonzing World's new recording artist, Ruger dished out his debut project tagged "Pandemic EP".

Recall Ruger released his first song titled 'One Shirt' featuring his boss, D'Prince, and label mate Rema. The young Nigerian singer and songwriter, Ruger joined Jonzing World early this year just like Rema did in 2019.

Just like Rema who followed up his activation with a brand new extended play, Ruger has teamed up with Kukbeatz to give us a six times experience of his untapped talent.

D'Prince who announced the signing of his new act, Ruger a few weeks ago is currently hoping the star goes on to unleash all the potential he saw in him.

Here is a candid review of the 'Pandemic EP' by Ruger after listening to it over ten times.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fa05c9864982fb56fee0b8c9b789a4e6.png

• The first track Ruger is a mid-tempo hard tune. Ruger attempts to define his craft in this self-named single. The creative melody and irregular instrumental makes it even more unique.

• Abu Dhabi is a powerful jam. I call this a Ruger version of Rema's Íron man. It indeed has some Indian vibe with afrobeat elements as well.

• To be honest, it took me a while to connect to Bow by Ruger. The jam is indeed deep in its melody given me this groovy feeling after listening to it for a while. It's also inspiring.

• The next track Monalisa is a high-tempo afrobeat tune. It's a dancehall song with x-rated implied lyrics with Ruger confessing he wants to deplete her ozone layer.

• Bounce is it for me. The jam has this Caribbean vibe that sounds so much like Wizkid's Come Closer featuring Drake. It's a powerful club banger for sure.

• The last track is obviously a hit song. Yekpa is the vibe you're most definitely looking for.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4.5/5

BUY >> Ruger - "Pandemic" EP on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Ruger - "Pandemic" EP

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget
Forum | 1 month ago

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget

I Go Run Am – Singer, Ruger Speaks On Possible Relationship With DJ Cuppy (Video)
Forum | 1 month ago

I Go Run Am – Singer, Ruger Speaks On Possible Relationship With DJ Cuppy (Video)