EP REVIEW: CKay- "Boyfriend"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: CKay- "Boyfriend"

Popular Nigerian singer and music producer, Chukwuma Ekweani also known as CKay comes through with a new body of work tagged Boyfriend.

CKay who has a recording deal with Chocolate and an international deal with Warner Music drops his first project under Warner Music South Africa. The seven-track extended play featured popular stars like Amaarae, Bianca Costa, Oxlade, and KiDi. This is his third body of work aside from the Love Nwantiti remix project he dropped last year. His debut project Who The Fuck Is CKay came in 2017 while his sophomore project CKay The First was released in 202.

Even though many expected a full album from the youngster, CKay decided to dish out a 7-tracks EP filled with experimental sounds. CKay in an attempt to expose his romantic side deployed guitars, flutes, and amazing keyboards to possess his new project titled Boyfriend. The project was supported by two singles Felony and Kiss Me Like You Miss Me.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/094b7f2f4012fbe8f439fb74c9197ddf.jpg

• The first song Felony was previously released as a single sometime in December 2020. The song has some strange melodies that sounded so calming to listen to. The lyrics are relatable making his delivery so on point.

• Show My Side is an alternative-sexual song performed by CKay and Amaarae. The Ghanaian-American singer Ama Serwah Genfi mostly known as Amaarae joins CKay in one of the banging tunes on this project.

• The next track Jeje De Whine is nothing but spiritual. The alluring melody, sensual lyrics, and erotic vocals made it even more beautiful. CKay is indeed talented and could do even more wonders as an alternative singer if he decides to major in Alte.

• I just can't get how CKay does it. He makes it look like it's so easy and simple to imprint his emotions in a song. Isabella is a mid-tempo song that talks about how crazy in love he is with the girl.

• In Skoin Skoin, CKay employs French singer and songwriter Bianca Costa to expand his emotions and tell the story in a foreign language. The sexual song is performed in English and French as expected.

• Looking for a powerful tune to calm you down or take you through a sorrowful heartbreak or emotional mood? Mezebu by CKay, Oxlade, and KiDi is the answer. This is surely one of the best songs to be released in the country this week.

• To end this amazing journey, CKay includes his most recently released single Kiss Me Like You Miss to celebrate true love. It's a groovy tune with mind-blowing instrumentals.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4.3/5

BUY >> CKay - "Boyfriend" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> CKay- "Boyfriend" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman
Forum | 2 days ago

Lady Heartbroken After Finding Out That Boyfriend of 5 Years is Set to Marry Another Woman

Lady In Tears As Boyfriend Runs away With Her N100m A Month to Their Wedding
Forum | 3 days ago

Lady In Tears As Boyfriend Runs away With Her N100m A Month to Their Wedding

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business
Forum | 1 week ago

Nigerian Weeps Profusely As Boyfriend Disappears With Her N10 million For Business

South African Woman Sentenced to Life Imprisonment for Burning Her Boyfriend to Death in His Car
Forum | 2 weeks ago

South African Woman Sentenced to Life Imprisonment for Burning Her Boyfriend to Death in His Car