Rema VS Omah Lay, Who Is A Bigger Artist?

Forum 3 years ago

Rema VS Omah Lay, Who Is A Bigger Artist?

Just as Rema popped out from nowhere in 2019, Omah Lay stormed the industry last year dominated almost every playlist on all streaming platforms. These two youngsters share a whole lot in common when their breakouts are been discussed which has let many fans arguing over who is bigger between Rema and Omah Lay.

Divine Ikubor alias Rema or Remy boy is a Nigerian singer, rapper, and songwriter who hails from Benin City, Edo State. The singer joined Donjazzy's Mavin records under the record label's first imprint Jonzing World owned by veteran Nigerian musician and Mo'hits prince, D' prince. Rema became a global artist almost on arrival. His debut single 'Iron Man' was honoured by US ex-president, Barrack Obama who added it to his Summer Playlist for 2019. Rema went on to dish out three projects in 2019 to extend his dominance on apple music and other streaming platforms in the country.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/485e6992b4354a4a4cc787019ef69ee0.jpg

Rema who is known for wearing masks enjoyed the fame no one has experienced in the Nigerian music industry. He recorded a few international collaborations and has successfully dished out more hit singles in 2020. Rema was pictured with Jaden Smith in 2019 Halloween, had his song featured on Rihanna's fashion show in 2019. Drake also hinted at having a collaboration with the young Nigerian singer a few months ago.

Omah Stanley Dibia popularly known as Omah Lay is a Nigerian music producer, songwriter, and singer from Port Harcourt, Rivers State. Omah Lay became a popular brand within Africa after his debut project suppressed other content in Apple music, Audiomack, Spotify, and Deezer. Songs like You, Bad Influence, and Damn gave him the numbers he needed to become a global star. Months after, Olamide, Wizkid, DJ Tunez, DJ Spinall and a host of others linked up with the buzzing Port Harcourt born artiste to create a monster hit songs in 2020.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9467fd25a188fe50cc060f7ce8103fdb.jpg

After racking up millions on streams with his Get Layd’ EP, Omah Lay released the remix of Damn featuring 6lack. The remix was later included in his second project titled What Have We Donea project that has now given him hit songs like Godly and My Bebe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3d937c76ac4e9138b282b89bf80098c5.png

Now, let's settle this once and for all...Rema VS Omah Lay, Who Is A Bigger Artist?

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records
Forum | 1 week ago

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 1 week ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz

Remarry After Mohbad
Forum | 1 week ago

Remarry After Mohbad's One-Year Remembrance. Ignore Those Asking for DNA — Isaac Fayose Tells Wunmi