EP REVIEW: Moelogo – "MYSELF"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Moelogo – "MYSELF"

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Mohammed Animashaun popularly known as Moelogo premiere his first body of work tagged "MYSELF". 

The talented musician, Moelogo was born and raised in Lagos, Nigeria. He moved to London in 2001, twelve years before putting out his first single “Pangolo”. In 2013, Moelogo released his debut EP, Moe Is My Name, Music Is My Logo. Moelogo later released his second studio project Ireti after bagging a MOBO awards nomination for Best African Act in 2015 and 2016. The EP featured singles like Penkele that was later remixed by Moelogo featuring Davido and Sarkodie.

Moelogo also dished out a new EP in 2014 and 2017 tagged  “Baddest” and "Shine Your Light" respectively. The newest one Myself is ‘the second part of the trilogy series goes deeper into Moelogo’s life experiences and realizations, this one being the renewal stage’. Moelogo compiles a six tracks body of work to throw more light on his initially released extended play Me that talks about self-reliance and self-discovery.

The pack of melodies in Myself was produced by P. Priime, Bayoz Muzik, Raheem Bale & Mike Brainchild.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d1e3bedb081fd093b97bff2928728341.png

• In MUMIDANI, Moelogo teams up with P Priime in this mid-tempo jam. The vocals were top-notch as Moelogo renders an amazing performance on the album intro.

• You produced by Bayoz Muzik is an afrobeat vibe with the Fela touch. Moelogo attempts to give his fans a modern-day Fela vibe with mind-blowing trumpets.

• The next track is undoubtedly one of my favourite jams on this project. Raheem Bale gives Moelogo and Incisive a mid-tempo melodic instrumental to throw more lights on SELF LOVE.

• Emotions featuring M.anifest is another mad jam on this extended play. I personally connected to the chords and beautiful melodies embedded in this one. It's a classic jam!

• P.Priime and Moelogo teams up again to drop a groovy one tagged Logo's Prayer.

• To round up this project, Moelogo performs Fate, an afro-fusion track produced by Bayoz Muzik.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> -Moelogo - "MYSELF" EP on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Moelogo - "MYSELF" EP

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago