EP REVIEW: Di'Ja - "Aphropop Vol. 1"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Di'Ja - "Aphropop Vol. 1"

Nigerian music godddess, Hadiza Blell popularly known as  Di’Ja returns with a brand new body of work tagged “Aphropop Vol. 1”.

Di’Ja who started her music career in 2008 released several singles, "Hold On (Ba Damuwa)" and "How Can We Be Friends" in 2012.

She joined Donjazzy’s Mavin records, on February 14, 2014, where she dished her "Yaro” performed in Hausa and Krio dialects in honour of her Nigerian and Sierra Leonean roots. The award-winning Mavin Records diva, Di’Ja teams up with Cameroon-born Nigerian artiste signed to emPawa music, Sunkey in her recently released 6-tracks extended play dubbed “AphroPop Vol. 1”.

“Aphropop Vol. 1” is supported by three singles; Yaraya Iye”, “Inyamuri” and “Ayo”.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d478c83d9a6f4e8115f5d403c70b9e67.png

• The first track “Yaraya Iye” is a powerful song by Di’Ja performed in Hausa. The instrumental comes with funky tunes from Nothern traditional musical instruments. It's an adorable song.

• In "Crazy", Di'Jay links up with Empawa music recording artiste, Chizoba Chuka Daniel also known as Sunkey. These two talented singers created a magical tune in "Crazy" courtesy of their melodic vocals.

• "Inyamuri" is one of my favourite songs on this project. The DJ Coublon produced beat is an afro-fusion track with this addictive vibe. Even though I couldn't understand the meaning of the chorus, I could flow with the melody. It equally had elements of traditional musical elements used in Northern Nigeria.

• The next track is a love song. Di'Ja sings in English. She talks about how she loves her mysterious man "All The Time".

• "Jonah" is another banging tune on this tune. The chorus is groovy and the whole vibe is spiritual. Di'Ja and DJ Coublon might have given me another song to put on repeat for as long as possible. "Jonah" could be considered as my best track on this EP.

• The last track "Ayo" is one of the singles on this project. It's a funky tune with elements of afropop and EDM.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> Di'Ja - "Aphropop Vol. 1" EP on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Di'Ja - "Aphropop Vol. 1" EP

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago