ALBUM REVIEW: Flavour - "Flavour Of Africa"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Flavour - "Flavour Of Africa"

Popular Nigerian singer and songwriter, Chinedu Okoli popularly known as  Flavour finally premier his seventh body of work titled “Flavour of Africa”.

Flavour marries dancehall, R&B, afrobeat, Afropop, and highlife amidst other minor genres in his seventh studio album after dishing out N’abania (2005), Uplifted (2010), Blessed (2012), Thankful (2014), Ijele the Traveler (2017), and Awele (2018). “Flavour of Africa” Album shall feature Tekno, Fally Ipuja, Odumeje, Waga Gee, Phyno, Larry Gaaga, Biggie Igba and Beenie Man.

The 17-tracks album was produced by many talented Nigerian music producers and instrumentalists. The production credits go to , DJ Tunez, Masterkraft, Johnny Blaze, Rotimi Keys, Nsikak, Selebobo, Stadic, and Mario.

Flavour found a way to retain his signature sounds and still give us an amazing experience in “Flavour of Africa” album. The tracklisting and song titles are all Flavour-like and even when there was no much buzz prior to this release, the quality of the sounds in this project will get it all the numbers it deserves.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f4980a5c53090fc7b00e4112b6494ee2.png

• The first track "Flavour of Africa" is a perfect intro for this album. Flavour seduces his listeners to his masterpiece of an album with this slow-paced track.

• In "Good Woman", Flavour prays for a virtuous woman who will manage his assets than become a liability. It's a lovely tune for this festive period with so many wedding bells ringing.

• Congolese singer-songwriter, Fally Ipupa, and Nigerian serial hitmaker, Tekno joins Flavour to render a thunderous performance on this dancehall track produced by Masterkraft titled "Berna".

• Though sounded like his 2012 hit single "Ashawo", Flavour's "Looking Nyash" produced by Spax is another banging dancehall tune.

• "Omo T'emi" is one of those evergreen R&B tracks that constantly reminds us how multi-talented Flavour is. The lyrics are lovely as well as the instrumentals.

• Just as expected, Flavour takes us back to the east with a spanking Highlife tune "Egwu Ndi Oma" performed in Igbo language.

• Flavour features thirty-nine seconds of audio of his friend Odumeje hyping him titled "Skit".

• Igbo indigenous rapper Phyno links up with his Eastern friend, Flavourb in "Doings", an up-tempo highlife sound.

• A Flavour album without a gospel track would have improper. We have seen him meddle into gospel songs once in a while. "Product of Grace" is an electrifying worship song.

• "Umuigbo" by Flavour featuring Biggie Igba is a song to celebrate the Igbo tribe. Flavour and Biggie narrate how Igbos can exist anywhere no matter the circumstance. It's is a conscious song that could be considered to be tribalistic by some people.

• Flavour features Jamaican disc jockey and singer, Beenie Man in "Sawa Sawa" another version of his hit song "Ashawo".

• In a melodic tune with magnificent chords and groovy drum sticks, Flavour and Waga Ghave some random "Beer Parlor Discussions".

• Finally, Flavour includes an afrobeat track on his seventh studio album titled "Odeyewu". His adorable vocals laid on this funky tune gave me goosebumps when listening to this for the first time.

• "Ebube" is another solo-performed track on this album. Flavour effortlessly gave us an unheard highlife tune. The instrumental is spiritual, to say the least.

• After declaring himself the 'product of grace', Flavour declares God 'the good doing' God in "Omeiheoma".

• To round up this awesome experience, Flavour employs Larry Gaaga in "Bestie".

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

BUY >> Flavour - "Flavour of Africa" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> "Flavour of Africa" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

African Games 2023 medal ranking: Egypt tops list, Nigeria ahead of Ghana, other countries
Forum | 3 weeks ago

African Games 2023 medal ranking: Egypt tops list, Nigeria ahead of Ghana, other countries

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

African Games 2023: Falconets pip Uganda 2-0 to seal final spot
Forum | 1 month ago

African Games 2023: Falconets pip Uganda 2-0 to seal final spot