ALBUM REVIEW: L.A.X - "Zaza Vibes"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: L.A.X - "Zaza Vibes"

Talented Nigerian singer and songwriter, L.A.X finally released his sophomore album tagged “Zaza Vibes” on November 25, 2020.

The former Starboy Entertainment recording artiste, Damilola Afolabi popularly known as L.A.X teams up with a list of Nigerian megastars in his second studio album “Zaza Vibe”. L.A.X who left Wizkid’s Starboy Entertainment to launch his own imprint, Rasaki Inc is obviously ready to build a rich catalog of songs with his recent body of work.

“Zaza Vibes” is a follow back to his debut album tagged “Rasaking” released on October 29, 2018. The 12-tracks project by L.A.X features DMW vibe machine, Peruzzi, Banku Music boss, Mr Eazi, Universal Music recording artiste, Tiwa Savage, Tekno, Simi, Timiboi and Omah The DJ. “Zaza Vibes” is supported with four singles “Lose My Mind”, “Gobe Remix”, “Sade”, and “Go Low”.

The album was produced by Clemzy, Legendary Beatz, Quebeatz, Blaise Beatz, and Spotless.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6df4a700eccaee4f916d2a2db8a00ce7.png

• In “Lose My Mind”  L.A.X and Clemzy cook up a mid-tempo afro-beat tune for a mysterious lover.

• With a little help from Timiboi and Peruzzi, L.A.X presents “Commando”. The tune is adorable and magnificent. Peruzzi came through with his sexy and melodious vocals.

• “Sade” is one of the singles on this project. It’s a solo-performed afro-fusion vibe with naughty lyrics. The bridge ‘Shey you the see, shey you believe, Louis Vuitton for your body,  I want to touch I want to kiss…’ made it even more beautiful.

• The next track “Bum Bum” is an up-tempo dancehall jam featuring Omah The DJ. It was produced by QueBeatz.

• “Sempe” is a very melodic song. The chords laid on the instrumental by Clemzy are spiritual. L.A.X gave this instrumental the kind of vibes it begged for.

• L.A.X links up with Blaise Beatz on this deliciously creepy funky tune tagged “Pere”.

• “Superman” is another solo-performed joint on this project. L.A.X and Clemzy gave a classic performance on this slow-paced jam that served as the interlude.

• Legendary Beatz teams up with L.A.X in what appears to be one of the hottest jams on this project. “Feeling”  is a powerful tune.

• Mr Eazi joins L.A.X and Clemzy in "Perfect" to confess love to a mysterious lady on this Afrobeat jam. Mr Eazi’s vocals were more like a catalyst on this one.

• “Go Low” is a South African afro-house tune from the Rasaki boss. It’s one of the singles on this project.

• L.A.X employs the services of  Cartel Music boss, Tekno in a highlife flavoured afro-fusion track tagged “Jara”.

• After dishing out the original track with legendary singer, 2Baba, L.A.X partners with Simi and Tiwa Savage to give us a female version of his hit track in “Gobe Remix”.

RATING

Lyrics – 3/5

Production – 4/5

Performance  - 3/5

AVERAGE  RATING – 3.3/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial