5 Lessons Every Artiste Should Learn From Omah Lay

Forum 3 years ago

5 Lessons Every Artiste Should Learn From Omah Lay

Nigeria's talented music producer, singer, and songwriter, Omah Stanley Dibia popularly known as Omah Lay broke into the music industry in 2020.

To many, Omah Lay's breakthrough is simply grace and luck but that isn't the case. The Port Harcourt born singer has been in the game for a while now. Omah Lay has been into music production for sometime before dishing out his tracks "You" and "Bad Influence" that got him the fame he's enjoying now.

Omah Lay didn't just come out to meet fame. He has been in the game for a while but only known to his circle of friends and followers just like you. He was faced with financial issues just like you. This article is to guide you through and show you a few lessons you could learn from Omah Lay's success story.

Here are 5 lessons every artiste should learn from Omah Lay

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cf6f84ffd93a7de3df3080d3e738031b.png

1. Be Patient

Just like I mentioned above, Omah Lay wasn't in a haste. He paid the price by sticking to his sound and waiting for his time. Don't be too desperate. Desperation could only be positive energy when rightly managed both most cases, it's never managed rightly. Try as much as possible to be patient.

2. Have a leverage

Omah Lay is a music producer and a recording artiste. He also mixes and masters some of his songs. This I believe is leverage. It must have been easier for him to bag a recording deal with the label knowing fully well that his multi-talents could cut down costs for them.

3. Be Flexible

Flexibility is important while growing as an artiste. Omah Lay has been able to evolve drastically. His growth from 2017 up till this minute is something every artiste should study. You should be ready and willing to try new materials, challenge yourself to work on weird beats, and discover your true potential.

4. Motivate Yourself

It's not easy to climb the ladder as a musical artiste. Pushing from an underground level to stardom is as difficult as you can ever imagine. You need self-motivation to be grinding. Nobody is going to motivate you more than you are willing to be motivated. Motivate yourself!

5. Be Organic

In as much as you need to try new sounds, deliberately try to penetrate new markets and all, authenticity is important. Ensure you remain true to your sound.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Not Your Typical Nigerian Artiste – Rapper, Illbliss Boasts
Forum | 1 month ago

I’m Not Your Typical Nigerian Artiste – Rapper, Illbliss Boasts

I’m Not An Afrobeats Artiste – Wizkid Declares
Forum | 1 month ago

I’m Not An Afrobeats Artiste – Wizkid Declares

I’ve Always Thought Davido Hated Me – Omah Lay
Forum | 1 month ago

I’ve Always Thought Davido Hated Me – Omah Lay

Did I Pull an Omah Lay on Your Girl? Because I Can, Smile More Before You Lose Am - Burna Boy Tells Male Fan at His Show (Video)
Forum | 1 month ago

Did I Pull an Omah Lay on Your Girl? Because I Can, Smile More Before You Lose Am - Burna Boy Tells Male Fan at His Show (Video)