ALBUM REVIEW: Yemi Alade - "Empress"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Yemi Alade - "Empress"

With a bunch of party vibes and danceable tunes, Yemi Alade unmasks her fifth studio album tagged "Empress".

The Nigerian singer and songwriter, Yemi Eberechi Alade is in no doubt one of Nigeria's biggest female musician. Yemi Alade is widely known for her signature dancehall tunes with her seductive vocals. Her third and fourth studio albums, "Black Magic" and "Woman of Steel" earned her a spot as one of Africa's most decorated female musician.

The singer returned with her fifth studio album featuring Estelle, Dadju, Patoranking, Rudeboy, Vegedream, and Mzansi Youth Choir. With an eye for continental dominance and giving her fans melodic sounds for the festive period, Yemi Alade partners with french singers, Vegedream and Dadju. She also linked up with the South African Mzansi Youth Choir with a few Nigerian collaborations to help her achieve this.

"Empress" by Yemi Alade is an awesome body of work composed of love, truth, and exciting melodies to bestow upon him the African royalty. The 15-tracks body of work starts off with"True Love" and ends with "Double Double". Although most of the sounds sounded alike which shouldn't be so for a dancehall album, Yemi Alade managed to give some songs to vibe to.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a10cd1691beb3e37afb8ab3926e1b570.png

• "True Love" is a groovy tune with lovely drumsticks accompanied with Yemi Alade's sexy vocals. This is surely a club banger.

• The second track "Yo Yo Yo" is a street vibe with some popular melodies like 'No No No I have never seen a girl like chi chi'.

• With "If you marry mami water'' lines, Yemi Alade passes on her message in "Mami-water".

• Yemi Alade links up with french singer, Vegedream in "Loose My Mind". Just like the previous songs, this is another dancehall joint from the Nigerian music goddess.

• "Dancina" is a funky tune solo-performed by Yemi Alade. The thunderous track has awesome abilities to become one of the hit songs on this project.

• Though released as a single, Yemi Alade's "Boyz" is a firetune. It is a powerful track to rock within the club.

• Yemi Alade and french singer Dadju team up on a melodious tune tagged "I Choose You".

• Another lovely tune solely performed by Yemi Alade in this project is "Control".

• Nigerian dancehall and reggae singer, Patoranking joins Yemi Aalde in another dancehall track on "Empress" album tagged "Temptation".

• In "Ice", Yemi Alade steps down the tempo a little bit. The funky beat though not a typical Yemi Alade sound is appeasing.

• Half of the defunct Psquare group, Rudeboy joins Yemi Alade in this adorable tune titled "Deceiving". The melodies in this song are magnificent.

• "Turn Up" has the best instrumental on this project courtesy of Krizbeatz. It's surely one of the banging tunes on this project.

• Yemi Alade employs the alluring vocals of South African Mzansi Youth Choir in "Rain". The conscious track talks about unity and peace amongst humans.

• Yemi Alade and British rapper and singer, Estelle renders a powerful performance on "Weekend".

• The last track crowns up the project with "Double Double" prayers. Yemi Alade narrates how her parent's prayers have played a role in changing her life.

RATING

Lyrics - 2/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3/5

BUY >> Yemi Alade "Empress" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Yemi Alade "Empress" [FULL ALBUM]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What Will Happen If You Don’t Mind Your Business – Yemi Alade Slams Trolls
Forum | 13 hours ago