EP REVIEW: Omah Lay - "What Have We Done"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Omah Lay - "What Have We Done"

On November 20, 2020. Omah Lay unlocked his second project tagged “What Have We Done”.

Stanley Omah Dibia is a Nigerian singer and songwriter who became prominent in 2020 following the success of his debut project “Get Layd”.

Omah Lay bagged a recording deal with Key Qaad sometime in 2019. He dished out his debut project under his new record label in July, 2020. After racking up several million streams with his solo-performed debut extended play, Omah Lay returns with a 6lack assisted five tracks EP titled “What Have We Done”.

The Port Harcourt born music producer and performing artiste, Omah Lay added the remix of his “Damn” song featuring 6lack as a bonus track on this new project. Omah Lay after breaking ground, penetrating and dominating so many charts across African countries like Ghana, Uganda, etc, was more or less under pressure to release classic tunes in “What Have You Done” to cement his breakthrough. Production credits on this project goes to Tempoe, Echotheguru, Tuzi, Clean Bolu, Bizzouch and Omah Lay.

For a young talent who was able to sell his sound in his first project, Omah Lay needed a solid project to offer the music space a better understanding of his brand and sound. “What Have We Done” is an amazing body of work. Just like his debut project, Omah Lay gave us spectacular and rare sounds. Though the sounds failed to get to me probably because I’m yet to get hold of Omay Lay’s vibes and what to expect in his projects, I almost canceled the extended play after listening to the first track. 

Upon listening to this EP for the second and third time, I discovered the hidden feelings in Omah Lay’s vocals and the authenticity of his artistry. “What Have We Done” is not only an official introduction to the global star Omah Lay has become, it’s a revelation of what is to come.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/82dbb1391c1bc9f1b245f13908c1cb77.png

• "My Bebe" is a funky tune produced by Echotheguru. Omah Lay pens down one of the best lyrics on this one. The lyrical power is on point as well as his melodies.

• In a slow-paced track tagged "Can't Relate" produced by Tuzi with additional guitar by Clean Bolu, Omah Lay narrates how no one can relate to what it means to be a superstar.

• It seems Tempoe and Omah Lay have just created another "Bad Influence" in "Godly". The song is a banger from the instrumentation to the delivery. I think I will consider this my favourite jam on this project.

• Omah Lay produces and performs the fourth song on his new project titled "Confession". It's an emotional vibe.

• American singer and rapper, 6lack join Nigeria's emerging artist, Omah Lay in "Damn remix". The powerful tune is a bonus track on this project.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4.5/5

DOWNLOAD>> Omah Lay - "What Have We Done" [FULL EP]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial