ALBUM REVIEW: BasketMouth - Yabasi

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: BasketMouth - Yabasi

Nigeria’s veteran comedian and actor, BasketMouth premiers the official soundtrack album for his comedy series ‘Papa Benji’ tagged “Yabasi”.

BasketMouth has previously released singles like “Dia Father” featuring Sound Sultan and Item 7 and “Where You Dey'' featuring Wizkid and Eldee. The Nigerian comic actor has always had a strong flair for music and his A/R job on “Yabasi” is the evidence.

The 10-tracks album exclusively produced by Duktor Sett features nineteen (19) artistes; Duncan Mighty, Ice Prince, Oxlade, Show Dem Camp, Waje, Ladipoe, Flash, BOJ, Zoro, Play, Umu Obiligbo, Ceeza Milli, Flavour, Phyno, The Cavemen, Bez, Dice Ailes, Peruzzi, and Ill Bliss. Basketmouth ensured he married the best creatives to give life to the classic tunes produced by Duktor Sett. 

This is an amazing body of work. The melodies are all on point. I personally connected to the sounds on this album. With beautiful sounds from typical African musical elements, Duktor Sett and Basketmouth gives us a magnificent body of work with high replay value. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4fe65c915933a51a668de7a3b88eec22.png

• The first track "Pepper Soup" performed by Duncan Mighty and Ice Prince is a slow-paced jam with amazing lyrics accompanied by Duncan Mighty's addictive vocals and Ice Prince's spectacular rap verse.

• The second song is one of my favourites. Oxlade and Show Dem Camp teams up to address the importance of focusing on their own and not trying to be like others. "Myself" is a beautiful song with classic melodies.

• In "Ride or Die", BasketMouth and Duktor Sett partners with Waje and Ladipoe to create another magical tune.

• Flash and BOJ join BasketMouth and Duktor Sett to enquire why people are filled with complaints in "World People". The two musical talents laid their adorable vocals on this groovy tune by Duktor Sett in search of why men are hard to please.

• With melodic vocals from Chike and Play and counter-attacking rap flows from Zoro, BasketMouth serves us a not-too-bad sound tagged "Life".

• Are you a fan of highlife and beer parlor? Then you'll surely have a better understanding of "One Bo" by Umu Obiligbo and BasketMouth.

• "December" performed by Ceeza Milli is another epic vibe on 'Yabasi' album by BasketMouth. It's one of my favourites. The vocals and lyrics are cognisant with the melodies of the instrumental.

• Flavour and Phyno links up with BasketMouth in "Papa Benji". The chemistry between these three eastern creatives is explosive.

• Only BasketMouth and Duktor Sett could fuse The Cavemen's highlife with Dice Ailes' pop sound. "Hustle" is an adorable song.

• The only bad song on this album could be the one after this which is none because in the outro of this album, Basketmouth partners with DMW vibe machine, Peruzzi and Igbo hip-hop legend Ill Bliss in "Udo".

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

DOWNLOAD>> BasketMouth - "Yabasi" [FULL ALBUM]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live
Forum | 2 days ago

Zinoleesky Shades Haters, Announces New Album Release Date on IG Live