ALBUM REVIEW: Timaya - "Gratitude" 

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Timaya - "Gratitude" 

Nigerian dancehall artiste, Inetimi Timaya Odon popularly known as Timaya is back with a brand new project titled "Gratitude". 

Timaya having previously released six projects; True Story (2007), Gift And Grace (2008), De Rebirth (2010), LLNP Long Life N Prosperity (2011), Upgrade (2012), Epiphany (2014), and Chulo Vibes EP (2019) comes through with a solo-performed seventh album tagged "Gratitude". The new project encapsulates his progression as an artiste and unveils his experiences. Timaya who is also known as Chulo tells his life's story once again, giving thanks to God for standing with him all through the years. 

The album featured "I Can't Kill Myself" and "The Mood" from his previously released 'Chulo Vibes' EP. It also houses other singles like "Born To Win", and "Gra Gra". "Gratitude" is a 15-tracks body of work from the Port Harcourt born Bayelsan whose projects have been known to produce bangers over the year. Production credits goes to Krizbeatz, Orbeat, Spotless, Yung Willis, Ayzed, Wireless Mouth, Vibe O, Chillz, Boombeatz, and Chris Strings.

Timaya is a household name and won't be surprising to this new project to produce more hit songs for him. With no features in "Gratitude", Timaya had the privilege to reveal the new Chulo he has become. The album exposed that Timaya has metamorphosed from a strict dancehall artiste with so much focus on women and their backside to dishing out materials with well and defined messages. 

Overall, I think this album is filled with inspiring lyrics and mighty vibes.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/71926efb7fac79aac5801b7d7715b7be.png

• The first song "Born To Win" sees Timaya reinstating his passion and dream to win. The song could go on to serve as a motivation to all the hustling kids in the street.

• In "Iberibe", Timaya adores the body of his new babe. It's a cool and slow-paced jam with awesome melodies to nod to.

• "Don Dada" starts off as an acoustic sound and then switches to a banging party vibe. The sound is danceable and the lyrics educative. Timaya once more advised his listeners to invest themselves to avoid having people ride on their desperation.

• Timaya and Orbeat team up in "Something Must To Kill A Man" . The track is about balance. Timaya lays emphasis on the need of balancing pleasure and business. It's a soul-soothing sound with traditional African musical elements.

• Finally, we have a banging tune from Timaya in "No Limit". This is surely one of the powerful tracks in this album. The tune is lovely with the resounding chords assisted with the timely groovy drumsticks.

• "The Mood" lifted from his 'Chulo Vibes' EP, is another amazing tune in this album. Though might be considered one of the weak songs on this project, it's surely a tune to vibe to.

• The next track "Chulo Bother Nobody" is a fine-tune. Timaya gives us a powerful inspiring sound with spirit-lifting lyrics.

• "Okaka" is more or less the 'Gratitude' track. Timaya renders praises to God showing his gratitude in this gospel track.

• The single off this project, "Gra Gra" is another hot track on this album. Timaya offers another sing-along chorus in this one. It's indeed a fire-tune.

• Another dancehall track on this album is "Local N Bougie". It reminds us of the dancehall king Timaya of 2012 - 2014.

• In "Ebiola Papa" , Timaya gives us a slow-paced jam with emotional lyrics. This is the point you pause and acknowledge the evolution Timaya has gone through.

• . Timaya and Chris Strings teams up in this powerful groovy tune tagged "L.O.V.E".

• "The Light" by Timaya has an element of Highlife with the saxophone sound that gives more than enough melodies to support Timaya's adorable vocals in this conscious track.

• "I Can't Kill Myself" lifted from his 'Chulo Vibes' EP, is another amazing tune in this album. The song produced by Chris Strings got Timaya given us another emotional tune with the tendency of being an evergreen track. The lyrics and melodies are super.

• The last track "Buru" is a gospel reggae tune .

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck
Forum | 4 days ago

Timaya Reportedly Acquires Tesla Cybertruck

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

You Are So Fine - Timaya Gushes Over Tiwa Savage (Video)
Forum | 3 weeks ago

You Are So Fine - Timaya Gushes Over Tiwa Savage (Video)

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial