Supernatural Stars Describe Emotional Last Day Of Filming

Forum 3 years ago

Supernatural Stars Describe Emotional Last Day Of Filming

Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki get emotional as they describe their last day of filming as the Winchester brothers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4c1646a386f7de580441611089369e38.jpg

Supernatural stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki recently described their emotional last day of filming and ending their fifteen-year journey as the Winchester brothers. Supernatural first aired in 2005 and introduced the world to Sam and Dean Winchester, a pair of brothers who are continuing their “family business” of saving people, hunting things, and ridding the world of evil. After a long and successful run, Supernatural has finally reached its final season, with its last episode scheduled to release on November 18.

Over the years, Padalecki and Ackles literally went to hell and back as Sam and Dean, having died multiple times, lost each other, and fought angels and demons, and are currently pitted against God. One of the reasons for Supernatural’s success and its loyal fanbase, aside from an intricate plot and the exploration of monsters and lore, is the energy and charisma that the series’ cast brings to its characters. Padalecki and Ackles clearly have a lot of love for the show, and have even admitted that they would be open to returning for a TV special or a Supernatural movie

Recently, in an interview with TV Line, Padalecki and Ackles described what it was like to shoot the Supernatural finale and recalled the days leading up to filming. Ackles recounted that finishing the last few scenes of the series was “weighty”, and that he and Padalecki both broke character and let some of their own feelings shine through Sam and Dean. After jokingly declaring that there was no crying in Supernatural, both Ackles and Padalecki revealed they did indeed shed a few tears as production ended. Read a snippet of the interview below:

Ackles: “It was weighty. It was weighty because we knew it was coming, and we had had a long time to see it on the horizon. And when it came, and it was there, it was almost like... I don’t know. I know I certainly broke character, I’ll tell you that much.”

Padalecki: “We both did.”

Were there tears involved after they yelled cut?

Ackles (jokingly): No, there’s no crying in Supernatural! Come on! It’s not This is Us. No. We shotgunned beers.

Padalecki: If there had been tears and crying on my part, they were different tears and crying. It was just happy. It’s like, in fifteen years, and with the amazing writing we had on Supernatural, where Sam played a hundred different characters, I got to kind of explore so much of Jared within playing the guy named Sam Winchester. These fifteen years, which has been the majority of my adult life, really encapsulated a lot of what I’ve been through before the show and what I’ve been going through during the show, so it was just really happy.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e1ecf5d7c891ccac7736a89fd3e0f92d.jpg

It’s no surprise that Padalecki and Ackles had a little bit of an identity crisis right after they wrapped up the show. After all, they have spent a large part of the last fifteen years as the Winchester brothers, saving up their own emotions so that they could depict Sam and Dean’s in a heartfelt way. With the final episode rumored to be about the characters and their relationships rather than the mythology and monsters, Ackles and Padalecki must have also used this time to reflect on their own experiences as actors and how Supernatural has changed their lives.

Only five episodes of Supernatural remain to be aired, all of which have a focus on saying goodbye. Few if any other fantasy series have had the prosperity of Supernatural, and clearly, fans have still not gotten enough of the Winchesters and their allies. Ending up a show with such high expectations is no easy feat, but if Padalecki and Ackles seem satisfied with the conclusion of the Sam and Dean's story, then fans should rest assured knowing the boys’ legacies are in good hands. Hopefully, Supernatural will return in some format in the future, but in the meantime, audiences will have to come to terms with sending off Sam and Dean in the last few episodes of Supernatural.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series
Forum | 2 hours ago

Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 1 day ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal
Forum | 2 days ago

Michael Owen names three EPL stars that would improve Arsenal