Five (5) Advantages Omah Lay Has Over Fireboy DML [A MUST READ]

Forum 3 years ago

Five (5) Advantages Omah Lay Has Over Fireboy DML [A MUST READ]

Just as 2019 gave us Fireboy DML who rose to dame following the success of his single "Jealous", 2020 has presented a new youngster, Omah Lay. Here are five (5) advantages Omah Lay has over Fireboy DML.

23-year old Adedamola Adefolahan, popularly known as Fireboy DML is a Nigerian singer and songwriter signed to Olamide's YBNL with a partnership deal with American independent record label, Empire. He stormed the Nigerian music scene last year with his debut album 'Laughter, Tears and Gossebumps' giving all lovers of afrobeat who cared to listen to his songs goosebumps. Fireboy DML is a talented songwriter whose writing pattern is extraordinary. He tells compelling and real stories in the loveliest way ever. His talent is rare and magical.

Just around April 2020 when the global pandemic forced the Nigerian government to declare a total luckdown within the country, a new musical star was born. Port Harcourt born singer, music producer and songwriter, Omah Lay came to limelight with his "Bad Influence" single. Omah Lay followed up the success of the single with his debut EP tagged "Get Layd". The 5-track body of work distributed by Dvpper Music was released under Keyqaad.

We have been able to compile five (5) advantages Omah Lay has over Fireboy DML

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bf30bb08b69230fc615772d36e4f45da.jpg

1. He is a music producer

To many who never knew, Omah Dibia popularly known as Omah Lay is a music producer who recently decided to start recording again. He has an extra talent that could allow him create music anywhere without waiting for a music producer to give him direction. He could tweak his sounds to any direction he wants, something Fireboy DML cannot do.

2. He is Port Harcourt born

Just before wondering why this means anything, recall PH city has produced so many stars of late. The city is inarguably Nigeria's biggest music hub after Lagos state and coming from there is an added advantage to Omah Lay.

3. He is KeyQaad's only known act

While Fireboy DML shares the limited funds and attention in YBNL with Olamide, Omah Lay has all that to himself in KeyQaad which is why they could afford to shoot a video for three songs off his "Get Layd" EP.

4. There is no way Omah Lay's sound will be manipulated

Just after signing the Joint Venture Deal with Empire muisc, Fireboy DML has been forced to tweak his sound to appeal to the international market. He also has a musical artist as a boss (Olamide) someone who has been in the game for up to decade and has all the experience to tell Fireboy DML the kind of sound he demands from him. Omah Lay is free from such deals and leadership hence has all the power to create whatever sound he dims fit.

5. Omah Lay is unique

I'm pretty sure Omah Lay's sounds aren’t regular. We all could witness that in "Ye Ye Ye" as well as other songs of his. His performance on DJ Tunez's "Pami" still marvels many.

What do you think? Please drop comments below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director
Forum | 3 days ago

Ready or Not 2 Script Update Given by Director

Alison Brie Has Read the Community Movie Script: ‘It’s So Funny’
Forum | 1 week ago

Alison Brie Has Read the Community Movie Script: ‘It’s So Funny’

Ready or Not 2: Escape Room Director Reportedly Attached to Horror Sequel
Forum | 3 weeks ago