Fireboy DML VS Oxlade, Who is a better songwriter

Forum 3 years ago

Fireboy DML VS Oxlade, Who is a better songwriter

The Nigerian music industry lost the beauty of creating songs with well-articulated lyrics not until talented songwriters like Fireboy DML, Oxlade, Peruzzi, Ceaza Milli and the like graced the scene. These artistes has shown resilience in dishing out materials with amazing lyrical contents.

Fireboy DML and Oxlade have written some amazing songs in the past as ghost writers for other superstars and also for themselves. They have been able to marry their writing potential with their music. On speaking with renown music journalist, Joey Akan on his recent Afrobeat Inteligence, Fireboy DML admitted that songwriting is his selling point. The YBNL star said he needed to stand out in the overcrowded and ever growing industry in order to have his sound heard. Fireboy DML revealed that having been a reader and lover of books most espacially novels, he had to deploy his writing skill in order to be heard.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/23e56af7e0712826f448ed3064938c2b.jpeg

Adedamola "Fireboy DML" Adefolahan joined Olamide's YBNL back in 2018 when he dished out his breakthrough single "Jealous" off YBNL's collaborative album tagged "YBNL Mafia Family". The afrobeat and afro-fusion single went on to drop what's arguably the biggest debut album in the Nigeria music industry in 2019 titled "Laughter, Tears and Goosebumps". He is indeed talented as his debut album ended up shaking the Nigeria music space earning him a spot as one of Nigeria's biggest young talent. He has written some amazing songs for Tiwa Savage as seen in Tiwa's "Celia" album not mentioning the songs he wrote as a ghost writer.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/cefa7d8b8add5f17876517c69de674ad.jpg

Ikuforiji Oxlade is Nigeria's very own musician whose songwriting prowress has only been an added advantage to his growth. He has a sexual voice that gets him the audience and the mind blowing lyrics that has a high conversation rate. Oxlade I belief has been able to retain most his fans as he keeps growing his fan base. The singer have worked with Reekado Banks, Falz, Blaqbonez, DJ Tunez, etc and formed a part of Tiwa Savage's writing camp for her "Celia" album released in 2020.

Oxlade and Fireboy DML are best of friends whose talents are similar yet unique. They have given us extraordinary sounds and are yet to collaborate again after working on "Sing" together in 2018.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8941258ef7a35927a2bc2d67b8fe648e.jpg

Now let's allow you judge this! We recommend you judge based on their performance on "Sing" and their performances on individual songs rather than numbers...

Between Fireboy DML VS Oxlade, Who is a better songwriter? Please share your thoughts below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC - Kenneth Okonkwo
Forum | 1 week ago

The Worst Of Labour Party Is Better Than The Best Of APC - Kenneth Okonkwo

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares
Forum | 1 week ago

Relax, Things Are Getting Better – Akpabio Declares