Dr Dolor lures Teni, Hotkid and others to an "Unexpected" album - REVIEW

Forum 3 years ago

Dr Dolor lures Teni, Hotkid and others to an "Unexpected" album - REVIEW

I was sitting down in my room with a chilled bottle of coke when an audiomack pop up came in for me to check out an "Unexpected" album from Dr Dolor. Even though I had seen the teases and video snippets and even a single "I Go Pay" from Dr Dolor Entertainment, it definitely came in when I least expected it.

Dr Dolor employs the services of his artistes; Teni, Hotkid, Ryan Omo, Afin Osha and Nikita in the 14-track album. Dr Dolor Entertainment founded by Osadolor Nate Asemota is a Nigerian record label that houses self-acclaimed billionaire, Teni, Alhaja son, Hotkid and others. Osadolor "Dr Dolor" Asemota comes through with his full debut album after linking up with reality TV star, Mercy Eke in "I Go Pay" musical video.

The album has writing credits to Klem, Suppa and all Dr Dolor Enertainment artist with the songs produced by Toyristar, Jaysynths, Suppa, 4tunez and Magic. Let's take a critical look on this wonderful masterpiece tagged "Unexpected Album" from this music-prenuer and performing act.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1264908419010ccbf0c063285393f48a.jpg

• The first track titled "Intro" is nonetheless a weak introduction to this album. The fact I couldn't understand what the female voice was saying is something I don't find funny. I could only hear the names she mentioned an nothing more. It's an introduction to the album no doubt but I think it was a weak one.

• "I Go Pay" is a single off this 14-track album that got Dr Dolor bragging to his lady to 'chop anything' that he can sort that bills as he has more than enough money. The instrumental is top notch as well as the lyrics. It's a lovely tune.

• In a 4tunez produced beat, Dr Dolor is seen sounding more like our very own Fela Kuti. Dolor preaches patience telling his audience to "Cool Down" in this mild afro-fusion tune.

• "Hate World" is a banging tune, the lyrics and concept is eccentric. 'You dress too sexy you be asshi, driving bentley you be yahoo, yahoo, spending too much you be ritualist, person no be enjoy life in peace...' starts off the song for Dolor as he proclaims that some people just don't want to see others succeed asserting that it's only God that keeps men safe from the "Hate World".

• In "Dance Floor", Dr Dolor creates a groovy tune with an extra help from label mate, Ryan Omo. The listenable melodic sound was beautifully performed and could end up being your favourite track off this album.

• Are you looking for an irregular vibe that still sounds awesome? "Badderman" by Dr Dolor is that sounds. The melody is eccentric.

• The next track is one of my best tracks off this body of work. Hotkid came in, owned the track and dropped off another banging tune for our listening pleasure. "Special One" is indeed a special track. It is peaceful and hearty.

• "Love" by Dr Dolor and Teni off the "Unexpected Album" is one song I couldn't relate to. The instrumentation was so weak that Teni's magnifying vocals couldn't rescue the dying track.

• Finally, Ryan Omo, Hotkid, Teni and Nikita joined Dr Dolor in a track tagged "Prosperity". Despite the talents in this track, I still think it is an average track from the Dr Dolor Entertainment stars. I couldn't connect with this track as well. It sounded off and gruesome.

• Whooo! Lovers of trap music will most definitely love this one. Ryan Omo and Nikita cooks up something amazing in "Santorini".

• In a slow-paced ultimately melodious track, Dr Dolor and Afin Osha performs "Goody Goody". The chords came in just when needed to give an emotional support to the mind blowing drum kicks to beautify Afin Osha's vocals. This is a powerful tune.

• "On Track" is a solo-performed track from Dr Dolor. The vibe got deep into my soul that I had to keep it on repeat for a while. I most definitely think "On Track" is magical tune, the lyrics are well thought with an extraordinary melody.

• The next track is crunchier, explosive and compassionate. "Pictures" by Dr Dolor sounds more like an alternative track that could have done better with an extra push from Johnny Drille and the likes.

• "Rambo" by Teni and Dr Dolor is the first single released off this album. It appears it is the hottest track off this album. The melody is on check as well as the musical direction.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial