#TheVERDICT: Burna Boy stands "Twice as Tall" in his 5th album - REVIEW

Forum 3 years ago

#TheVERDICT: Burna Boy stands "Twice as Tall" in his 5th album - REVIEW

With L.I.FE. released in 2013, Burna Boy kickstarted his journey to the Grammys and now, he stands "Twice as Tall" the African Giant. The new album co-produced by Diddy speaks volume with so many hoping it will fetch Burna a Grammy award.

Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu also known as Burna Boy is a Nigerian born singer and songwriter who took up Fela's afrobeat in the early 2000s. The afro-fusion founder delivers messages sampling thought provoking speeches in his materials. His fourth studio album "African Giant' took the world by surprise, bagging a spot at the Grammy world album list of nominees and springing up a revolution.

Burna in his journey to represent his people as a warrior through his music dishes out another LP album tagged "Twice as Tall' to narrate yet another story. The 15-track album recorded amazing performances from Sauti Sol, Youssou N'Dour, Naughty by Nature, Chris Martin and Stormzy. "Twice as Tall" speaks volume, addressing the recent happenings in the world as well as the nature of African politics. It digs up the activities of Nigerian corrupt politicians with a clear message against the roguery of the powers that be against the black and African communities.

https://storage.waploaded.com/images/1808afc2bd3e0565958c4af6a21460da.jpg

• Level Up (Twice as Tall) features senegalese singer, Youssou N'Dour. The song is a perfect intro for a highly anticipated album like this one. It starts off on a mild note as Burna Boy tells a story of how he felt depressed when he couldn't level up. He encourages his listeners to keep their head high and stand 'Twice as Tall'.

• Alarm Clock is groovy and funky. Burna Boy renders a wonderful solo performance. The top notch instruemental was produced by Timbaland.

• The third track Way Too Big is a typical Burna Boy sound with the Reggae feeling that gets you all addicted to the vibe. Burna is actually bigger many will see him hence his "Way Too Big" song.

• Bebo as produced by Rexxie is a groovy tune with some elements of Lamba. It tickles the toes to put on a dancing shoe.

• Wonderful is the only single off the "Twice as Tall' album by Burna Boy. The single released weeks ago already have millions of streams with amazing visuals to uncover Burna's wonderful nature. The sound is eccentric.

• Telz cooks up a new vibe for the African Giant. Onyeka (Baby) is the only love song on this projecy. It takes Burna Boy away from his fight for a serene political system to narrate his love for his woman.

• With help from Naughty by Nature, Burna Boy denudes another sensational vibe tagged Naughty by Nature. Burna declares his dinterest towards politics revaling he was born naughty. The amazing rap lines from Naught by Nature makes the sound a wonderful piece.

• In Comma Burna Boy comes clean as a championed chef to make an astounding sound off the Rexxie produced insrumental. The lamba flavour is evident in Comma. Burna attempts to appease the street with another 'Killin Dem' song to vibe to.

• "Life no easy my brother, you the find your own I the find my own. If i keep distance dey Abuja make I dey Lagos.." is all who hear Burna Boy saying as he retains his stand in No Fit Vex . The reggae vibe in this sound makes it all interesting.

• 23 by Burna Boy off his "Twice as Tall" album is one of my favourites. The African Giant moves a step back to the early times in his career when his flows where 'hard as f*ck'. The feeling you'll get listening to this sound is not just exceptional but unique.

• In Time Flies links up with Kenyan Afro-pop band Sauti Sol to reiterate the importance of time management. The Kenyan flavour brought in by Sauti Sol and the speech sampled at the end Burna keeps makes his message clear.

• Monsters You Made featuring Chris Martin is one of the songs recieveing the praises across all social media platform. The western world has taken so much from Africa and the monsters they made are now on the verge of reclaiming their thrown as world leaders Burna summarizes in the 217 seconds song.

• Telz and Timbaland links up with Burna Boy in Wettin Dey Sup. Burna Boy says "I no be one of those men wey the fear toto fuck nyash" to depict his rugged nature when it comes to standing up to what he believes in.

• Real Life featuring Stormzy comes as the penultimate song in this body of work. Burna Boy teams up with the British rapper to give their fans a guide to real life. The song carries additional vocals from Diddy.

• Who will you rather bank on to give you an epic performance if not Burna Boy. Bank on it sits below the ladder as Burna Boy succeeds in giving us a masterpiece. The slow paced Afrobeat will get you wishing the album never comes to an end.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 5/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

REVIEWED BY DAT KULGEE

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip
Forum | 2 days ago

Boy Kills World: Bill Skarsgård Engages in a Gun Fight in New Clip

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos
Forum | 2 days ago

Five-Year-Old Boy Falls From Fence To His Death While Playing With His Friends In Lagos

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

2face Doesn’t Live With His Sons, Burna Boy May Never Give Birth, Davido Kills Every Male Child He Comes Across - Brymo Makes Shocking Claims

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims
Forum | 3 days ago

Burna Boy Introduced Live Band Into Afrobeats – Ruger Claims